X

Engine Size???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Size???

Anybody know how much space a katana engine takes up? I'm not talking displacement here, but how much volume the actual engine and transmission take up? I'm wanting to start design work on my senior research project (fuel cell powered motorcycle), and I'd really like to start with a katana, but i'm not sure if the space is there. I know that when its all said and done there is enough room in there for the components necessary, but i'm trying to lay it out so i can start applying for grants and sponsorship and whatnot. Also, if anybody knows any businesses that would be interested in having their logo on this beast somewhere in return for a little monotary support, let me know... lol.

Serious about the project though.
    None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
    -Robert Morrison

"
    well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

hmmm
    I guess since I have no fairings:

Cylinders;
    17" across
    9" deep (at valve cover)
    Tapers to 4 1/2" at base gasket.
    9" from top of valve cover to base gasket

Crank/tranny;
    7" from base to bottom (front)
    9" from top of tranny to bottom
    12" long
    (I'm gonna say 17 across)

Carbs;
    9 1/2" from head to airbox
    17 across

From that you ought to be able to build a "box" in AutoCAD and get the volumes..

Comment

thats beautiful, thanks alot
      None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
      -Robert Morrison

"
      well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

I could tell you specs from a 89 600 if you need them
        should be about the same
        Live and Lean.
        When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
        "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
        Romans 3:23

Comment

Working...
        X