Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?'s

in two days ive had my Kat i've put 124 miles on it, what a ride it is. I love this bike. thought i would be surprised at the power, but dang its quick.. shifting is still a little rocky when im just cruisin. whats the approx: shift point to keep in the legal limits? i found the Braada website (very cool-gonna get me one) but where else can i find aftermarket parts for my 2005 Kat? just a few ?'s....trying to learn the rest on my own,, just need some help getting started. thanks to any who can assist

Viper
    "It is not how these officers died that made them heroes.... It's how they lived"

Well search around the forum..
    Look at Beekman and Spedee's bikes for inspiration.
    I know Spedee has links at his website for all the products he has installed.

As far as speed?
    I guess untill you get a handle try shifting at 4K or so..
    I find my 95's turbo doesn't kick in until 6K..

Comment

Now that my '06 has enough miles on it, it's fun to let it run up to 8G or so. It starts to haul around there. I'm usually shifting around town at about 4G. I'm still trying to get used to how close together 4,5, 6th is. A lot of times I just double the shifts for each pull of the clutch, just to save some time.
      MikeG
      Central Oregon
      2006 Suzuki GSX600F
      (That's a Katana for non-insurance-agent people!)

Comment

For your usual riding, shifting between 4-5k will work well.

As far as accessories for the Kat, you really have to look around. Many of the mods that we make are fabricated(mesh mod) ourselves. Corbin makes a great aftermarket seat, Braada makes a cool seat cowl, Suzuki made a gel seat and tank bra for the Katana. Zero Gravity makes a couple of nice after market windscreens. If you're looking for luggage, most of the univeral fit soft luggage will fit just fine on your bike.
        Like I said....its really just a matter of doing some looking around. Looking at other members ride for 'inspiration' doesn't hurt either.

Good Luck!!!!!
        I just turn 15,000 miles on my 2005 Kat 750.
        2005 Aprilia RST1000
        2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
        1998 Chevy Tahoe
        www.midwestguntrader.com

Comment

What parts are you looking for? I carry a bunch of stock maintenance items and quite a few upgrade parts (Ohlins suspension, Oil temp gauges, SpeedBleeders, etc), Neoublie manufacturers dogbones on demand (to raise/lower the rear of the bike whatever amount you want), BraadaJim fabricates rear cowls, etc.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

thanks that does help...checked out braada, will check out the rest.. not looking to improve the performance- just the look folks. ive been shifting around 4-5, sometimes 3.5. got it to 8k yesterday in second. wow...feel the kitty purrrrrrrrrrrr. dont need any more power. thanks guys.. talk to you later..

Viper
            "It is not how these officers died that made them heroes.... It's how they lived"

Comment

shifting at 4k? i never let mine drop Below 6-7k in any gear when cruising ;p
              03 katanika

Comment

Originally posted by iwannadie
                Stop being inapproprate.,..
                \

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                  Stop being inapproprate.,..
                  \
                  oops wait '6-7k' might be a new term for a certain bad word...
                  03 katanika

Comment

Remember, he's still early in the miles (124 miles -- it's still a baby!), and he's probably following the owner's manual's advice on breakin, which puts him below & at 6k right now.

Advice:
                    Change the oil & filter NOW. 90% of the metals that will have been shed are currently in your oil.

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

there are clear turn and break light covers, slip on exoust.

Comment

i guess i should refrase that... ive only put 124-well 135 now on the bike... it has 3581 total miles on it.. bought it used.. im a newb with bikes so im trying to feel it out on how to ride smart. i know it has power, just wondering if there is a certain rpm that the bike "should" shift and ride at when not romping on it. thanks again
                        Viper
                        and the pics are coming just gotta figure that part out.

Comment

red line shift are fun if your tryin to keep up with a Busa, GSXR 1000 and a R1

Comment

Then your bike is long since broken in so you're ok there. If want to get as much out of the Kat as you can, dont be afraid to take that tach up to 6-7 and you'll notice a high difference. Take it up to 8-9 when you shift and you'll wonder where all this power came from

But do it all on your own time at your own pace. As you get more confident in your riding and more used to your bike you'll see she's got some good punch to her and the grin you have now when you ride will become permanat

Browse thru the body shop forum and the Albums listed at the top of the page, you'll see alot of us have done many changes to our kats..cosmetic and performance wise.

Happy Riding

Comment

Working...
                            X