Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Scott Oiler- can this be found in Ottawa shops?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Oiler- can this be found in Ottawa shops?

I dunno if anyone knows about this handy dandy device....stick it on and never have to think about oiling ur chain again...perfect for lazy people like me who like to ride in vancouver rain ;P

the "local" distributor for canada is over in Ontario and since so many members seem to be from over there i was wondering if anyone would know if it was easily available at bike shops in Ottawa? (a friend will be going there shortly)

more info:

thanx!
    jane
    PakkeRat - [pak*rat] small little mouse capable of collecting everything and never throwing anything away

It's available in some stores -- in general it is available in Canada.

I don't like the ScotOilers' particular design, and found previously that it poses a few problems:
    1. you have to tap a vacuum system, which increases the odds of developing a vacuum leak in the future.
    2. many riders have complained that the gravity-feed method of lubing the chain isn't reliable in terms of delivery rates (the system works by lifting a needle with the engine vacuum and then gravity feeding the oil through that passage to the chain).

On the other hand, I do have a couple of the competitor's pump-driven, computer-controlled models here on-hand (new in box) and would be happy to dispatch them to you. I have a very nice Lubetronic that would be just the ticket for you -- a pump sucks up the lube and dispatches out to the chain in a metered dosage, and you have a remote dial-controller (an optional piece of equipment, but I include it in the full kit) to change the delivery rates depending on circumstances -- such as if riding through rains or particularly dusty areas where excess oil should be used. It's a bit more expensive of a solution, but given that it should readily double your chain and sprocket life, you save that amount in a single chain & sprocket replacement interval -- plus saving yourself a ton of niggley maintenance in the meantime. PM me if interested.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I can check tomorrow and let ya know (heading to one of the bike shops tomorrow).
      - It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

- Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Comment

OGC have them...expensive ....I will stick to my trusty can of chain wax

Comment

how much for the LubeTronic???
          Trust me, I'm a doctor!

Comment

Working...
          X