X

Christian Sport Bike Summer Rally You are invited

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dee Dub
    Ya know....(these posts always go this way, but I gotta baby, it's what I am...)

I find it increadable that you guys can preach...(Mojoe with I'm a good guy that's all I need, and md86 I'll make my own kinda music when I feel like it kinda thing), but oh the horror that someone with a vested intrest might actually share a religous faith! And to top it off....no one from the home team's said a word. Just a title "Christian Rally" Scarry...

Anyway....don't want to participate? then don't!
    Well , I'm not so much with the sharing of religious beliefs . Like Mojoe , I consider it a personal thing between me and the universe , or whatever . I was just kinda wondering if it's a "Christian" thing , would they be all preachy about it , or is it just to say that they want no shenannigans (sp?) from cretins .
    Sorry to screw up your thread there , Bob . That video was .... interesting . What happened ? Did you just push too hard , or was it maybe pushed too hard for the elements ? How DID the cold effect the tires ? It LOOKED like it wasn't at all until the end !
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
      Originally posted by Dee Dub
      Ya know....(these posts always go this way, but I gotta baby, it's what I am...)

I find it increadable that you guys can preach...(Mojoe with I'm a good guy that's all I need, and md86 I'll make my own kinda music when I feel like it kinda thing), but oh the horror that someone with a vested intrest might actually share a religous faith! And to top it off....no one from the home team's said a word. Just a title "Christian Rally" Scarry...

Anyway....don't want to participate? then don't!
      Well , I'm not so much with the sharing of religious beliefs . Like Mojoe , I consider it a personal thing between me and the universe , or whatever . I was just kinda wondering if it's a "Christian" thing , would they be all preachy about it , or is it just to say that they want no shenannigans (sp?) from cretins .
      Sorry to screw up your thread there , Bob . That video was .... interesting . What happened ? Did you just push too hard , or was it maybe pushed too hard for the elements ? How DID the cold effect the tires ? It LOOKED like it wasn't at all until the end !

I don’t' think anyone has ever accused me of being preachy The CSBA is a group of guys mostly in their mid to late 30s who love to ride motorcycles but have also chosen to put their faith in Christ. My personal philosophy about my faith is pretty simple. I equate it to having seen a really good movie the night before. I have no problem sharing with others my enthusiasm for the movie and sharing the story line with someone who is interested. I keep in mind these things; They may not go to the movies, they may not like the same kind of movies I do, they may have seen a similar movie and already have decided they don’t like that kind of film.

My faith is real to me and has been a huge help in my life, it has helped me with my life as a father and husband and a man; it is responsible for who and what I am. I don’t think anyone would attend any of our rallies would ever feel like they were backed into a corner. We are already and odd lot, we are adrenalin junkies who for the most part don’t fit in to the normal church environment, it would go against who and what we are to make someone feel not welcome.

As to the “no shenanigans” line I kind of doubt it, you will find that we are far from perfect or lack a sense of humor or don’t push thing to the limit ourselves, we are forgiven not perfect.

To answer your question about the slide, in the parking lot vid. for Russ it was just a matter of not being in the right position on his bike, pushing just a little to hard and having a little to much lean for the temps in the tires, he had only done a couple of laps when he crashed, it normally takes about 3 miles or some real hard running to put any heat into the tires, the motards are so light that it takes much longer than it does on a sport bike.

I have always been amazed at how hard you can push on cold wet roads, it is more of a confidence factor than anything else, because there is not as much adhesion there is less forgiveness when things go wrong. Often on the street it is the second thing you do wrong that causes you to crash not the first. In some of the footage we shot down at the gap you could see Russ hammering the corners, knee down with a rooster tail of spray off of the slick race tires. If I had more balls as a cameraman you would have seen that, being not as skilled as Russ I could not keep up with him to catch much of it on film. Russ would tell you that I am not far enough forward on the bike; I think it is a mixture of common sense and lots of experience with a front end the just slides around and knowing not to push it.

I have found that there is a big difference between roads with a temp of say 70 and that of one in the high 50s. but find almost no difference between the roads at say 40 than I do at almost 60. if the out side temp is near 75 to 80 the tires seem to work best, any more than that I find I have to add air or they get squeshy

WildKat Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:47 am Post subject:

Hey Bob, the one guy that I believe is kind of a head honcho for the CMA, PA chapter lives near me. His name escapes me for the moment but he's asked me to come up some of your rides and such. Anyhow, if you guys ever get over this way to the eastern side of PA, feel free to look me up.

His name is Brian Phillups I have some great roads to ride on in the Ponchos area. I have a friend who gave me a bunch of roads to try out when I got bored over there, I will send you a pm when we head over there, hopefully some time this summer..Bob
      EmpireGP Sportbike plastic welding, custom, stock, painting, tank repair, Shark Skinz dealer and abs plastic sales
      http://www.empiregp.com/
      Ride Hard! Take Chances! We Need The Work!
      Bob Brown #284 CSBA

Comment

Originally posted by plasticweld
        I don’t' think anyone has ever accused me of being preachy The CSBA is a group of guys mostly in their mid to late 30s who love to ride motorcycles but have also chosen to put their faith in Christ. My personal philosophy about my faith is pretty simple. I equate it to having seen a really good movie the night before. I have no problem sharing with others my enthusiasm for the movie and sharing the story line with someone who is interested. I keep in mind these things; They may not go to the movies, they may not like the same kind of movies I do, they may have seen a similar movie and already have decided they don’t like that kind of film.

My faith is real to me and has been a huge help in my life, it has helped me with my life as a father and husband and a man; it is responsible for who and what I am. I don’t think anyone would attend any of our rallies would ever feel like they were backed into a corner. We are already and odd lot, we are adrenalin junkies who for the most part don’t fit in to the normal church environment, it would go against who and what we are to make someone feel not welcome.

As to the “no shenanigans” line I kind of doubt it, you will find that we are far from perfect or lack a sense of humor or don’t push thing to the limit ourselves, we are forgiven not perfect.
        exactly what I was trying to say, thanks for having better words to put it in than me
        I wish I could go to the rally
        Live and Lean.
        When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
        "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
        Romans 3:23

Comment

Mojoe, I hear you on the language thing. I have a mouth that can put a sailor to shame, but i gota admit, Jesus is my Homeboy.

Hell, half the tattoo's I got are religous tattoos, and I am only getting started with those!
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

8)
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
            X