X

Christian Sport Bike Summer Rally You are invited

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, coming from a Christian rider point of veiw here's my take

I ride with CMA (Christian Motorcyclists Association) ALOT. We've had many different kinds of people ride with us. Basically the agreement is keep it clean and don't ride dangerous and we don't mind you no matter what your religion, political position, what you ride, how you dress, or even if you're ugly like all you KR people (joking of course). If people are judging you when you ride with them, doesn't matter what group, then poo poo on them. And about setting up rallies for Christian riders specifically let me put it this way, let me give an example.
    What about people having like a German rider rally? they would all feel a little more comfortable around each other because it's one more thing in common, right?

I agree it's great that we can all be bikers and that's like a brotherhood in itself. When I pull up at a light/parking lot and see another biker I'm like glad because I know I can talk to him and we'll kinda feel like we know each other. When I pull up and see that it's a Christian rider it's like coolness +1, I'm doubley glad to talk to them.

I'm sorry for any Christian riders judging you and not being willing to include you or making you feel uneasy. But, at a CMA/CSBA rally, you know going into that they're going to be having services, prayers, and that people are going to be "spiritual" as you want to call it. So if it REALLY offends you when people talk to you about things like that, just don't go, it's not your thing.
    Live and Lean.
    When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
    "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
    Romans 3:23

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
      I think we are all getting away from the point here a bit.

It looks like a wonderful ride, those mountains look INTENSE.

I for one would love to be able to make it, but unfortunately, with having the gap trip next month, and then a MN trip the following, I can't go.

Is this going to be a yearly thing though? Those roads look really great, and I would love to sit around and BS with some fellow Christian Riders.
      you are right. It did go off topic. I guess i was beating around the bush cuz I wanted to feel out the replies. Truth be told, it looks like some awesome riding, and PA is not all that far from here. I have just one fear of going. I don't drive crazy, I aint going to be whooping it up and getting high or drunk....or anything even remotely evil. My fear is that I can have a potty mouth some times. I am not the type who constantly spews profanities, but you can count on the fact that the words "shit" and "fuck" are part of my vocabulary. I do relatively well at keeping them to myself and respecting where I am.....but once in a while it is bound to slip out. It is something I am working on. And because of my respect for others, I would feel bad if it came out there.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

looks like fun

Comment

A lot of great posts, Thanks CP for taking the plunge and speaking up on my behalf.
          The CSBA rally is just that, a place for people who share the same faith to gather and ride, it is also a place for anyone who wants to come join us. There is no set of beliefs you need to have to ride with us. I just don’t want to freak someone out if they have no desire for the spiritual side of things in life. My invitation is to all of the riders to join us, this is an invitation. I put no constraints “ no you gotta be a this or a that” on it anyone is still welcome to join us.

We do love to ride, we have a beautiful spot to do it in. we are merely combining two things that we hold as important.

I am sure most of you saw the video of my son and I shot down at Deals Gap this past spring. If not check it out, that was at the last rally this spring I am sure we will have a great time and wanted to make sure that anyone who wanted to join us had the chance.

Thanks….Bob
          EmpireGP Sportbike plastic welding, custom, stock, painting, tank repair, Shark Skinz dealer and abs plastic sales
          http://www.empiregp.com/
          Ride Hard! Take Chances! We Need The Work!
          Bob Brown #284 CSBA

Comment

Okay Bob...I just watched the vid at the GAP. You have any others to share? That was great.

Comment

Christian's! Unleashing our faith on a poor unsuspecting world....the horror!

I really wish I could make it....any chance you being at the Katrider Rally??

(Thanks CP! )

Comment

Honestly I do think some are reading way too much into this thread. Its just a simple way of letting everyone know of a rally thats available if you want to come and sharing some of the experiences of past rallies and giving an FYI that's its a faith based gathering. No more No less. I work with the daughter who's the head of the CMA, PA reagion, here in PA. He's a wonderful guy and has asked me to go riding with him many many times and has no problems with my bike, me, my personal beliefs or anything else.

Its all good

Comment

Originally posted by Dee Dub
                  Actually , that's kinda why I brought it up . I used to go hang out with a friend who'd go to like Putt Putt with his church group , and instead of hanging out and actually PLAYING , they'd try to preach at me . I found that kinda annoying . Believe what you want , I don't care , just don't preach it at me . I'll figure out my OWN belief system one of these days ...
                  Not that I'll be heading up to Pa anytime soon anyway . I guess I was just stirring the s*** a litttle bit .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                    Originally posted by Dee Dub
                    Actually , that's kinda why I brought it up . I used to go hang out with a friend who'd go to like Putt Putt with his church group , and instead of hanging out and actually PLAYING , they'd try to preach at me . I found that kinda annoying . Believe what you want , I don't care , just don't preach it at me . I'll figure out my OWN belief system one of these days ...
                    Not that I'll be heading up to Pa anytime soon anyway . I guess I was just stirring the s*** a litttle bit .
                    it must be that mid-life crisis that you mentioned, setting in. you might even be turning into a wildthing.

Comment

No , I've laways been a born s***-stirrer . Asking the tough questions that noone else will ask . Or maybe more appropriatley , I have no social skills .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                        No , I've laways been a born s***-stirrer . Asking the tough questions that noone else will ask . Or maybe more appropriatley , I have no social skills .
                        are you my long lost brother? we would make quite a team.....you ask the tough questions.....I give the "hard to swallow" answers.
                        you ask what has to be asked.....I tell what has to be told.

but I know what you are saying. My ex (not this last one....the series finale has gone by on that soap opera and it is tucked away in the archives)...the one I was with for over 7 years.....her family were seperatists. so I can tell ya from experience....you aint heard NOTHING as far as "preaching" is concerned until you get a family of seperatists trying to convert you.
                        The dictionary should say "see seperatists" when you look up the definaition of fanatic.

Comment

CP, you always have the knack to put into words what most people are thinking. Once again

Comment

Ya know....(these posts always go this way, but I gotta baby, it's what I am...)

I find it increadable that you guys can preach...(Mojoe with I'm a good guy that's all I need, and md86 I'll make my own kinda music when I feel like it kinda thing), but oh the horror that someone with a vested intrest might actually share a religous faith! And to top it off....no one from the home team's said a word. Just a title "Christian Rally" Scarry...

Anyway....don't want to participate? then don't!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_Guelph
                              Okay Bob...I just watched the vid at the GAP. You have any others to share? That was great.
                              Steve this is one from a weekend in the parking lot, wet pavement, about 40 degrees out side, shot last November. a good way to learn what the bike can do and how the cold effects the tires

some cool pictures of me taken a month earlier,

EmpireGP Sportbike plastic welding, custom, stock, painting, tank repair, Shark Skinz dealer and abs plastic sales
                              http://www.empiregp.com/
                              Ride Hard! Take Chances! We Need The Work!
                              Bob Brown #284 CSBA

Comment

Hey Bob, the one guy that I believe is kind of a head honcho for the CMA, PA chapter lives near me. His name escapes me for the moment but he's asked me to come up some of your rides and such. Anyhow, if you guys ever get over this way to the eastern side of PA, feel free to look me up.

Comment

Working...
                                X