Christian Sport Bike Summer Rally You are invited

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christian Sport Bike Summer Rally You are invited

Ride in the un-discovered Grand Canyon area of Pennsylvania

For anyone who is interested we are having our summer rally for the northeast On June 22 23 24 25.

On Thursday night anyone is welcome to stay at my place, I have plenty of room as in the past many have ridden or driven here and then stayed the night for the beginning of Fridays ride. There are also plenty of local hotels it traditionally has been a great place to get to know some of the other members, if you need help finding a place please contact me. If you would like to meet up with us please during the day on Friday, send me a note I would be happy to send you directions so you can meet us for breakfast or lunch, we all have dinner together on Friday night at the hotel. Fridays ride will depend on the number of riders and skill level and also what the group feels is an appropriate number of miles before Friday.

Saturday a great day of riding is planned Jon and I scouted out some new roads and have tied in some of the best ones from previous rallies into a Great Loop We have found some smooth twisty roads everything from fast sweepers to technically challenging roads. We did over 400 miles this past weekend, it was a bright Sunny day. We ran into no traffic and saw only one cop in down town Wellsboro. You need not drive to North Carolina to experience this king of riding we have it close to home.

From Last years rally

This is a great time to get together it is a chance to meet to people grow spiritually and do some riding on really great roads

The hotel info is

570-724-5361 link to the hotel http://pavisnet.com/coachstopinn/

The sign up for the rally is in the rally section of this site please sign up an let the others know you are coming

email me at [email protected]
    607-535-2934
    EmpireGP Sportbike plastic welding, custom, stock, painting, tank repair, Shark Skinz dealer and abs plastic sales
    http://www.empiregp.com/
    Ride Hard! Take Chances! We Need The Work!
    Bob Brown #284 CSBA

Sounds great, gonna try for at least a couple days. I will be emailing you..

Comment

Crap crap crap crap. I'll be at the Jersey Shore that weekend....
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Crud!
        I'll be in California that weekend!

Look's like fun...enjoy!

Comment

But why is it a "Christian" rally ? You gonna be preaching ?
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

It is a Christian Rally because it is a place for members of faith to meet and share and pray together ......Oh and rip up the roads. check out the CSBA forum and read about some of the other rallies it will give you a good idea.
            EmpireGP Sportbike plastic welding, custom, stock, painting, tank repair, Shark Skinz dealer and abs plastic sales
            http://www.empiregp.com/
            Ride Hard! Take Chances! We Need The Work!
            Bob Brown #284 CSBA

Comment

Well shoot. I had a Black Mass and a ritualistic sacrifice to the twin incarnations of The Evil One, hate and destruction planned for that day already. . . Bummer. Maybe I could still make it if the Prayer for the Arrival of the Antichrist doesn't take too long though. . .

In all seriousness now, it sounds like a fun event and hats off to you for setting it up, but here's a tip - why not leave the religious stuff out of it? I don't recall anyone asking what religious affiliation (if any) Jason05 had. When we're out there, we're all the same as riders, just as vulnerable as the next guy and (I'd hope) that we'd help another rider in distress regardless of their race, creed, whatever.

This is a small enough brotherhood/sisterhood as it is - I doubt we need to be paring it down further and excluding our own members by focusing on our differences. Why not try focusing on our similarities - like our love of riding? What does religious isolationism accomplish to the overall riding community? Just my $0.02. Leave the politics/religion out of this and it'd be more enjoyable for all. . .
              ---Jeff (Long Beach Represent!)

'99 Katana 750 (Metallic Space Blue / Matte Silky Gray Metallic)
              Plus some cars.

"Never Break More than You Fix..."

Comment

Jeff,

Riders gather by all sorts of affiliations. KR isn't platform-exclusive, but is platform-oriented (after all, it's KatRiders.com - Katana Riders Forums). If a group of Christian riders want to get together, to ride beautiful territory and worship during breaks, more power to them -- it's not like they are misrepresenting themselves to try to con you into anything. It's their thing, and as long as a group they don't generally bring a bad name to all motorcyclists, then they're ahead in the game as far as I'm concerned... There are Pagan cycling groups, lesbian riding clubs, Vietnam Vets riding groups. He was nice enough to invite you if it was something that floated your boat, and that should be good enough. Poking at the core foundation of his particular group is just simply bad manners (saying you can't make it because of the sacrificial goat you need to bleed out is fine -- that's you -- but once you started asking why his group worked religion into the ride when their name [Christian Sport Bike Riders] is in the title of the thread is just going too far, IMHO).

PS - Bob's a good guy.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I completely agree with CP on this. If they want to share their beliefs at a gathering that involves motorcycles I see no problem with that, And if it is not something that you are into your self that is fine. But to address the issue the way you did I also find to be rude. If for some reason a thread dose not apply to you it is sometimes best to ignore it and just move on to the next thread.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I gotta jump on this bandwagon with CP and Fred. A Christian group may not be your thing, but there is no reason to knock it.

Comment

It's no reason not to ride with them either. I say a rally's a rally.
                      -Steve

sigpic
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Well, like I said I applaud him for setting up something like that - it's a lot of work.

My comments were kind of tongue-in-cheek (sheesh, I'd have hoped you guys got that) but I apologize if anyone took it the wrong way.

I guess I can see CP's point of view. . . It's your ride and you can include/exclude as you see fit but I just think it'd be nice to keep things kind of non-denominational. You guys are always welcome to ride with me whether you're black, white, Asian, religious, athiest, or whatever. I could care less. When I'm on the bike, I'm a biker and you guys are my fellow riders. It's one thing I like about riding - it's very "blind". I get waves and pleasant conversations at stop lights with all kinds of people that outside of riding I might or might not get along with. It's a way to bring people together as I see it. I guess I just get a little dismayed with what appears (at least to me, on the surface) as something that undermines the "all-inclusivity" of just getting a bunch of guys out for a nice fun ride. That's individual interpretation though and like I said, it's your ride.

Best of luck with it and keep it safe guys.
                        ---Jeff (Long Beach Represent!)

'99 Katana 750 (Metallic Space Blue / Matte Silky Gray Metallic)
                        Plus some cars.

"Never Break More than You Fix..."

Comment

I have to tell you, I am torn betwen the two opinions on the subject. First of all, I have absolutely no problem that it is a rally based on faith, and I do have faith in my own sort of way....so I have no problem at all with that kind of rally....and I have no problem at all riding with that sort of group. The problem would lie in how the group practices that faith, and how they would perceive me. As it is now, I don't break any commandments that I am aware of. I don't lie (in fact, I am known to be too honest with what comes out of my mouth), I don't steal, I don't covet, I don't kill, I don't use the lords name in vain (I have a much more colorful vocabulary)...and I think I am safe as far as the rest are concerned as well.
                          So my only problem would be if I was judged for who I am because my "faith" doesn't go as far as the extremes some take it to. I have nothing against the group prayers and such, but the minute someone judges me for not participating (I see my faith as a private and intimate subject), I am likely to get a bit aggitated by the fact that I feel forced to express my beliefs in a way not suitable to those who do it another way.

So I guess what I am saying is that I would have no problem going to that sort of rally, but it depends on the group and how they expect others to participate. I have to be totally honest here....I often have seen some practice in a hypocritical fashion.
                          Example: judging other's way of "believing" just because it doesn't match your own. I call that hypocritical. I just choose to deal with the lord on a one on one basis....not as a group.
                          Make sense?

Edit: Actually, I do lie....which makes my claim that I don't, a lie. I am not proud of the fact, but sometimes life just dumps crap on you in a way that it is just easier to lie than tell the truth. And I think even the most die hard believers will do it from time to time....even if it is a little white lie. And sometimes it is for a higher purpose. If my spouse asks me if her dress makes her ass look fat...and it does, I think I would have a hard time saying yes just to please the lord, if it will cause her any pain.
                          There....just thought I would clear that up.
                          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by POP944
                            Well, like I said I applaud him for setting up something like that - it's a lot of work.

My comments were kind of tongue-in-cheek (sheesh, I'd have hoped you guys got that) but I apologize if anyone took it the wrong way.

I guess I can see CP's point of view. . . It's your ride and you can include/exclude as you see fit but I just think it'd be nice to keep things kind of non-denominational. You guys are always welcome to ride with me whether you're black, white, Asian, religious, athiest, or whatever. I could care less. When I'm on the bike, I'm a biker and you guys are my fellow riders. It's one thing I like about riding - it's very "blind". I get waves and pleasant conversations at stop lights with all kinds of people that outside of riding I might or might not get along with. It's a way to bring people together as I see it. I guess I just get a little dismayed with what appears (at least to me, on the surface) as something that undermines the "all-inclusivity" of just getting a bunch of guys out for a nice fun ride. That's individual interpretation though and like I said, it's your ride.

Best of luck with it and keep it safe guys.
                            I aggree...and I disagree. I will agree that it would be wrong to exclude anyone from riding in a group because of their religion, race or any other discriminating reason.
                            However, I agree that any "group" has the right to choose to hold "exclusive" rallies based on whatever common reason they share. If a group of ladies wish to hold a rally in fight of breast cancer, then they have that right. Thier reason would be to bond and support each other on a subject that no man can possibly understand.....so it would be their right to exclude men, which might interfere with their bonding. Men would be a distraction.

Just as a bike can be a reason to join together, it can also just be a tool for the exclusive groups who do join together for other reasons than just riding.
                            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I think we are all getting away from the point here a bit.

It looks like a wonderful ride, those mountains look INTENSE.

I for one would love to be able to make it, but unfortunately, with having the gap trip next month, and then a MN trip the following, I can't go.

Is this going to be a yearly thing though? Those roads look really great, and I would love to sit around and BS with some fellow Christian Riders.
                              Kan-O-Gixxer!
                              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                              -Ohlins Susupension
                              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                              X