No announcement yet.
X

the waving issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I look in my both my rear view mirrors and wave at myself... I actually wave to every biker and to be honest, my hair stands up when I know they saw me and keep riding and do not acknowledge. It mostly occurs with the hog people. Although I can see not waving if you’re riding in twisty – winding roads and/or where’s it’s too dangerous to take your hands off the handle bars.
    Alex - 03 750Kat for street, 01 DRZ400e for dirty fun stuff. Stay safe and ride well…

Comment

I always try to wave. If my hands are tied up, then I at least nod and smile. It makes me happy to wave at others (whether it is returned or not). That's why I'm out there riding in the first place ... to have fun and be happy.
      ~ Lisa
      2005 CBR 600RR (nicely modified)
      2005 CBR 600RR Track Toy "Frank"

My motorcycle, my dogs (Piper & Capone - the Pet Bulls) and a cold beer ... what more could a girl ask for???

www.austinsbr.com and www.txsbr.com

Comment

I am at this point going to wave at everyone riding a motorcycle whether it be scooter ,Harley ,sportbike whatever.But I am not going to wave at the custom chopper crowd. They are better than me,they have a 300mm rear tire,their bike is 13 feet long and have a paint job worth 3 of my bikes if not four..I have to control myself, I really want to wave but I'm not worthy......

Comment

Originally posted by slayergsxf1
          ...I am not going to wave at the custom chopper crowd. They are better than me,they have a 300mm rear tire,their bike is 13 feet long and have a paint job worth 3 of my bikes if not four..I have to control myself, I really want to wave but I'm not worthy......
          Not to hijack the thread, but there is a guy in my development who must have just gotten his custom chopper. He was in his early 40s I'd say and his bike looked like it cost about $80K. It was sharp, but the poor guy looked like he was gonna drop the thing - twice - and I only saw him for about a minute. We were both getting ready to go out of the rear gate going in opposite directions and he had the right of way, so he made his right turn as wobbly as you can get without dropping the bike. Then I made my left and I was behind him waiting for the gate to open. When exiting, we were both going to make a right and he started to make his right into traffic, but chickened out at the last minute and fought very hard to keep from dropping the bike - it was a close one. I turned behind him, but I had to pass because he was going like 30 MPH. I just had to laugh. I told my wife about it later and I would bet almost anything that he's dropped the bike by now.

About the wave, I wave to everyone. All other bikes and scooters and everyone else who gives me a friendly look. Love to wave to kids and always give the bike a nice rev when I'm passing them. They seem to appreciate it
          ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

I haven't tried waving at scooters, but that's pretty funny. I had a bicyclist wave right after I got my bike. That one surprised me. I'm always respectful of those guys too (well, I am one anyway). We all put up with incredible stupidity and error.
            MikeG
            Central Oregon
            2006 Suzuki GSX600F
            (That's a Katana for non-insurance-agent people!)

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Blonde
              If my hands are tied up, then I at least nod and smile.
              Aren't we talking about OUTSIDE recreational activities???

I still say scooter riders don't wave because the act of riding puts them into informational overload...
              "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Oops! Looks like I asked for that one.
                ~ Lisa
                2005 CBR 600RR (nicely modified)
                2005 CBR 600RR Track Toy "Frank"

My motorcycle, my dogs (Piper & Capone - the Pet Bulls) and a cold beer ... what more could a girl ask for???

www.austinsbr.com and www.txsbr.com

Comment

i'll wave to pretty much anybody, even on a bicycle. i waved to a scooter yesterday. i find that harley people dont wave to me and the sportbike guys won't wave cuz i'm not on a "real" sportbike. But i'll wave and hope that they feel like idots. But only when it's safe to do so. My nieghbor has a harley and I swear that she only goes riding to wave at other harley/wanna be harley riders. But I have taught her to wave at us "sportbikers"
                  My Karma ate your Dogma

Comment

Comment

I nod my head. I usally never wave.
                      Roger

06 Katana 600
                      02 Stratus R/T
                      98 Neon R/T Turbo
                      98 Neon R/T
                      78 Olds Delta 88 Royale

Comment

I only wave when I am in the mood not everytime either.

Comment

i try to wave everytime. before i got my bike (when i was much younger) i thought it was so cool how all the motorcyclists always waved to each other. in my one trip before i crashed my bike i'd say 3 people waived 1 person nodded, and 6 or 7 others completely ignored us. on another note, my BRC instructor said "if you see me ridin' down the road and you dont waive, i'll turn around and hunt you down" (he had a collectors edition busa) i'm pretty sure he was being funny about it, but they tried to encourage the comrodarie w/in the bike community and encourage us to take part in it as well.

Comment

I normally wait and see if they wave first than I return wave but one day just for shiates and giggles I decided to wave at everybody on 2 wheels ...mopeds,scooters,harleys even bicyclist. I think I had about 3 people on harley's not wave and believe me I saw lots of them,everyone on scooters or the moped did not wave and the guy on the bicycle did. I was suprised because I always passed lots of harley riders and they never wave but I was suprised how many did if I waved first. It seems like they have the same feelings that we do about most of them. I myself don't care if your riding a pink fringed moped that plays the song "purple rain" I will still wave and and in this case maybe give you a thumbs up!

Comment

Originally posted by macgyver
                              I myself don't care if your riding a pink fringed moped that plays the song "purple rain" I will still wave and and in this case maybe give you a thumbs up!

Oh man !!
                              That's comedy!!

Comment

I wave as often as I can unless I am commuting in heavy traffic. Then I am to busy trying not to get run over
                                Current: 1992 Katana 750
                                Sold: 2001 Shadow 750

Comment

Working...
                                X