X

Wife's first day riding!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife's first day riding!

I'm so proud of her! Last weekend I put her on the Ninja while it was on the center stand and went over shifting and the controls, and today we took the bikes out to play in the dirt a bit. She got to where she could kick start the bike and figured out what it took to get going in first without stalling it and started learning how to upshift and downshift! She putted around just getting use to how the bike works and for the first time ever, was riding on her own! I am so stoked!

Donna on her XR200!

Rolling along!

Squidly shot of our son, Nick (16 years old), on his CRF 250R. That kid is getting pretty good at wheelies and stoppies!

I had a pretty mixed day. I was riding a buddy's KTM 125 and was having a great time until I looped it, destroying the rear fender and bending the bars.....

Maybe I should take lessons from Donna.......
    Ron
    MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Congrats to Donna!!

You might want to think about keeping that project Kat For your Son or Donna..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Great pics Ron.. She's a natural ! Congrats Donna

Comment

Congrats to Donna

Man I haven't ridden Dirt since the Late 80s, it can be a blast.
        Kyle

Comment

I try to ride with my Son quite a bit. It helps keep us much closer as well. My daughter (17 years old. HANDS OFF! )also rides dirt and the Ninja. Matter of fact, she was riding Donna's XR today and asked if Donna wanted to trade for the quad since whe was having a blast on the XR!
          Ron
          MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Nice pics. Looks like fun.
            R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I am jealous

Comment

Awesome to see that you've got the whole family on two wheels now, Ron!

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                  Awesome to see that you've got the whole family on two wheels now, Ron!

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  All but my oldest son (21) who lives on his own with his girlfriend. I would not want to see him on a bike though since I am sure that would end bad.....
                  Ron
                  MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

looks like you guys are having a blast!but you might want to look at your sons 250 chain looks pretty loose!have fun

Comment

Originally posted by rwcreigh
                      looks like you guys are having a blast!but you might want to look at your sons 250 chain looks pretty loose!have fun

You took the words right out of my mouth.
                      -Stephen

the future's uncertain, and the end is always near - The Doors

Comment

Right on...that is the best place to learn the basics of a motorcycle. I hope she likes it and keeps it up.
                        1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
                        2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
                        Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Originally posted by stb000013
                          Originally posted by rwcreigh

You took the words right out of my mouth.
                          With the rear suspension completely and totally unloaded like it was, I think that chain looks just about right.
                          -Steve

Comment

Why is it that people think the chain needs to be like a banjo string? They are better off on the loose side and that applies to street also.
                            Ron
                            MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Working...
                            X