X

WILEY CO IS ON

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WILEY CO IS ON

The wiley co can and midpipe are on. The sound is great and it definately pulls more than normal. The only prob is is that i reached under and where the midpipe connects to the header there are some leaks...how bad is this and if so what can be done to stop the leaks....jus push the biotch in farther and as much as i can??
    R.I.P. Jason you will be missed.

Mine arrived today as well... complete with an extra baseball cap and Tshirt, keychain... boy, what a deal

Meanwhile, back to your issue -- there is a gasket that seals up the space between the midpipe and the collector on the header. If that gasket became mangled, it may need to be replaced (stock Suzuki part, about $20); if it just came loose or if you didn't bolt the connection down tight enough, you may need to reposition it and retighten down the clamp at that point.

If nothing else works, they make an exhaust putty you can get at muffler shops and some auto parts stores that can be put around the area and will harden up to form a permanent seal (but that is a last-ditch thing).

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

thanks cyber....is it bad that i run it like that though???

Comment

You dont want exhaust leaks at all.. it hinders your performance.

Congrats on the new pipe, you just cant beat the deal you can get on them now.

Comment

well yea but rides better than it did with the stocker just right now so performance isnt an issue its jus a matter of it being harmful to run with it like that.

Comment

Congrats on the pipe, and where did you guys get them and what is the cost? I would pull it back apart at take a look at things and see if a new gasket is in order.
            Ride On,
            Jon

Comment

Here it the link to the thread about where they got them.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Re: WILEY CO IS ON

[quote="RydeBye"]The wiley co can and midpipe are on. The sound is great and it definately pulls more than normal."quote]

Do you have a link. I need to upgrade my pipes

Thanks 8)
                Always take the long way home.

Comment

I'm still waiting for mine , I got all excited the other day because I had a parcel notice. Turned out it was the ink refill kit I bought the day before the pipe. Oh well hopefully it will be here next week.

ZukiFred posted the link a few posts above this . Make sure you use the ebay/paypal coupons further down in the post. You can save an extra $15 or so using Paypal .

EDIT

Btw k6a0t0, he'll ship to Canada for $30. It's double the US shipping price but is via USPS not UPS so the money saved on brokerage fee's is worth the extra cost IMHO.
                  Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by RydeBye
                    well yea but rides better than it did with the stocker just right now so performance isnt an issue its jus a matter of it being harmful to run with it like that.
                    ...But what Wildkat is saying is that if you do indeed have leaks that your performance is being affected. If you fix the leaks you will INCREASE your performance even more than you already have.

Leaks are bad. Fix 'em.

Buy a new gasket or go to your local auto parts shops and buy some Gasket Goop. First, try refitting the midpipe...maybe you just didn't fit it properly.

Comment

If I remember right, when zukifred put the hindle on his Kat, it didnt fit right at first either, then he took the clamp back off and reseated it against the mid pipe, and it was fine.

That was you, wasnt it Fred?

Comment

I really wanted one of those pipes but the guy never got back to me on the compatibility...I asked if the 750 Carbon Fiber would fit on a pre98...or what else would be compatible...no answer..so I guess he didn't want my business...oh well I got a Yoshi on mine....
                        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Most of the pipes fit 98+, both 600 and 750. I have read that the pre-98s are all different.

I do like the WileyCo pipes though. I almost got one before I got my Scorpion.
                          Trust me, I'm a doctor!

Comment

What is the sound of the wileyco exhaust.. what exhaust sound does it resemble? This is on my christmas list so I wanna make sure I'll like the sound of it as well.

Comment

I have a link in the original thread to some sounds. RydeBye, is there anyway that you can get a sound of it running and not just revving the engine? Maybe get the sound of it holding at about 3k or something?

And I just noticed today that one of the previous owners had drilled two holes in the end of my stock exhaust, just below the port. Now I know why my can has sounded like crap this whole time. Guess it's time to get this Wiley Co.
                              Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                              -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                              -Terence

Comment

Working...
                              X