X

HELP Broke key in ignition - How to Hotwire 2001 gsx600f katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP Broke key in ignition - How to Hotwire 2001 gsx600f katana

I would buy used/new ignition but i really dont have the money to, and it looks like a lot of work to just replace it anyways-time that i dont have.

How can i hot wire it?
    Can it be hotwired??
    What needs to happen!!!! thanks

If I'm not mistaken, there is a resistance wire in the 98+ models that is supposed to make them much harder to hotwire. I've never had the chance to play with one, though, so I couldn't tell you what resistance, or which wires. Even if I did know, I probably wouldn't tell you. You have 2 posts in on this forum, and you're asking how to hot wire a Katana.....

On top of that, this is another case where if you have to come on here and ask how to do it, then you have no business attempting it. If you screw something up, you run the risk of melting your wiring, starting your bike on fire, burning yourself, etc.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

call a locksmith. they can remve the key without distroying the ignition

Comment

I know people, who would know about it more then me who probably can do it.if it can be done.....im just tryin to get little info about it

ya kno

Comment

1. You might get it to start, and run for a moment... then the bike will die, and won't respond at all. There is very good anti theft wiring on it.

2. Everyone here is pretty much going to tell you the better way to fix the issue, and not much of anyone is going to advertise how to circumvent anti theft features so that anyone could do it... especially when they have a bike like it.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

sure you're not trying to steal a kat? lol just kidding, i'd get a locksmith
            sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

Comment

You could try to stick the part of the key that you do have in the ignition and try and turn it until you get to a locksmith.
              Im not a carburetor guru.

Comment

It's actually not too difficult of an operation to get the key out yourself. See this thread for more info.

EDIT: Also, I suppose it should be noted that you can run the Kat with the broken stub in the ignition. Just use the other portion of the key to operate it on and off... Depending on where the key broke off, you may actually be able to operate the ignition with a flat head screw driver.
                Nuff said.

Comment

it is impossible to to hot wire a 98 katana 600...you can jump all the wires you want and get all the lights to come on and get it to turn over. but the key is what grounds the cdi box to let the spark plugs fire...trust me. i tried to hot wire mine..spent about 20 man hours testing everything. and everything tested fine except the cdi box was not grounding. went and got a key made for 17 dollars. ran fine since.

Comment

Working...
                  X