Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

IT HAPPENED ON THE CORNER OF BEACH BLVD AND BOLSA...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
    Originally posted by tdrcomm
    Right now the big post threads are concerning a catastrophic outbreak of ZX-14 neurosis.
    The same people who spilled the beans early on the ZZR-1400/ZX-14 (motards-online.com) have started saying that Suzuki supposedly has a 1400cc Busa that's been in the development pipeline for a couple years now, and they beleive it will be out for the '07 model year to recapture the high end. Preliminary info indicates no significant bodywork changes from the outside (to retain that hyper-aerodynamic shape)... but they weren't real forthcoming and didn't publish any hard facts (you also have to remember that they got slammed with a cease-n-desist by Suzuki for their Stratosphere advance leak with photos). Me thinks it's actually primarily European MC press guys who have an inside track running the site.

Meanwhile, I personally expect Suzuki will really have to trim the weight down during the revamp if they want to recapture the top end of the ZX14 vs Busa contest; I don't think simply increasing the cubes will cut it in the raw numbers they are looking to show when it comes to magazine comparo's.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet

I saw that too. I don't think there will be huge body changes, either. A nip and tuck here or there. I do think the blinkers will be gone (ala Gix1000), bigger ram air openings, the seat will be lowered an inch, redesigned swingarm and the Gix exhaust. They will have to save weight but I don't care about having a Jenny Craig Busa. On the highway I like the weight. The guys at Southland have been saying for a while now at least 20 - 30 lbs shaved off. Sounds like more aluminum and some carbon fiber stuff somewhere. The lighter wheels might help, too. But unfortunatly I see a single, space-age can. Damn, I really like the twin exhaust If they do increase the HP to 195, lose the weight and keep the torque in the user-friendly range that it is now I figure the longer swingarm is a given.

To be quite honest, the top speed bragging rights that have the Busa guys up in arms will be settled on the strip, or on "Pinks". If the bikes are close to the same out the crate, the debate and roadside carnage will have more to do with the rider and the mods (and I've already seen custom ZX-14 turbos and nitrous packages for sale). Doesn't matter to me. I fell in love with the looks of the Busa then fell in love with how the bike fits me and my riding style. I hope it doesn't become "Gixxer1000-esque". Can't picture myself eating up 600 mile days on a track-fiend. A Hyper-sports-"Tourer" is what I want. I'll never call anyone out on the strip but on going north on Interstate 99 the rush of passing 4 semis in a blink of an eye with a g-force, 6-gear roll-on, is damn near an erotic moment. Don't get me wrong, I like the twisties. But as I was telling OlderGuy yesterday, "Your ZX-10 carves up the twisties. My Busa bludgeons them to death".
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm
      I saw that too. I don't think there will be huge body changes, either. A nip and tuck here or there. I do think the blinkers will be gone (ala Gix1000), bigger ram air openings, the seat will be lowered an inch, redesigned swingarm and the Gix exhaust. They will have to save weight but I don't care about having a Jenny Craig Busa. On the highway I like the weight. The guys at Southland have been saying for a while now at least 20 - 30 lbs shaved off. Sounds like more aluminum and some carbon fiber stuff somewhere. The lighter wheels might help, too. But unfortunatly I see a single, space-age can. Damn, I really like the twin exhaust If they do increase the HP to 195, lose the weight and keep the torque in the user-friendly range that it is now I figure the longer swingarm is a given.
      I'm thinking the swingarm might get longer, but if it does, it will be because the mounting point moves forwards, retaining the same wheelbase or getting a few mm shorter wheelbase in the process. The weight will be a serious issue and dieting will be hard on that configuration without compromising some of the strengths of the current bike. Exhaust could go either way, but my semi-educated guess will keep the dual exhausts (even if they both become Gixxer-like shapes w/ integrated catalytic converters like in the Gxxr); the real question is whether it will need a catalytic converter involved at all, and where they put the converter (in the collectors, or in the cans) if it does...

The lighter weight target should make the bike much more maneuverable -- without sacrificing straightline stability because of the retention of the shape. Oddly enough, a little weight loss here and there might lead to further weight-losses elsewhere (example: brake rotors can lighten up if the mass of the bike and/or wheel drops).

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Congrats......Keep Riding the hell out of it..
        ALWAYS THE REAL!!!!

93ZX11D Candy Wine Red
        Cardon Fiber D&D Full Exhaust,
        Vortex Sprockets 1dwn frnt 2up back
        She looks like Hell but is a True Battle Cat!
        no pun intended
        07ZX10 Special Edition Stock
        09ZX14 in the making Need a lil more$$$1st
        99Kat600 Custom Paint By Kali's AirBrushing, Chrome rims, Chrome GrabBar,Chrome Kickstand, Chrome Heel Gaurds, Braada Cowl,Lowered,Mesh Mod, More mods & Chrome to come

Comment

Working...
        X