X

Need some INFO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some INFO

in order to put back the stock airbox do i need to take out the gas tank?, how do i do this?
    Thanks for the info.

How do you take off the gas tank??

Oh man. Get a manual.. Really.

Comment

A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
      mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.

Comment

Easy, though I don't know what you are riding. 98+

Remove seat
        Unbolt two bolts on rear of tank (make sure petcock is on, or on res.)
        Remove fuel hose from petcock
        Remove vac hose from #4 Carb (far right carb)
        Pull up and out puke-tube from near clutch cover (right side).
        Lift up back of tank a little and take a hold of the front moving it to the rear and it's free. EASY
        Jesus, family, me. Psalm 121 Red Pill Mille Clip ATGATT
        '01 Aprilia RST 1000 Futura
        '08 Aprilia RSV Factory
        '11 Kawasaki KLR650
        I bought my first Kat in 1991, brand new, a red 600. No pics though.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox Fader View Post
          Lift up back of tank a little and take a hold of the front moving it to the rear and it's free. EASY
          Actually you're not supposed to lift..
          Nice steps though.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
            Actually you're not supposed to lift..
            Nice steps though.
            Really? I always lift. If I don't then the rubber standoffs slide back then fall down into the abbyss. About an inch or so will do it. Just lift it up and slide it back

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
              Really? I always lift. If I don't then the rubber standoffs slide back then fall down into the abbyss. About an inch or so will do it. Just lift it up and slide it back
              Don't worry, it takes about a week but the rubber stand offs show up again.
              CP says you don't need to lift, I tend to believe him on that stuff.

Comment

I lost one, never to be found again (2 years and counting). I did find one in a box of bike parts Joe, and I bought. Just one...bottom....creepy.

Comment

Originally posted by XPS1134
                  just make sure it's not on PRIME

Voice of experiance??

Comment

Voice of experiance??
                    Notice the rag in his hand from the pic in his avatar?

Comment

You know I had one [tank stand-off rubber from the rear] that "rode along" for something like 18 months pinned between the tranny and the swingarm, right? I found it after a rally when I was washing the road-trip grime off...
                      and yes, I replaced it the week it went astray originally.

Lift the tank not more than an inch or two at the rear and then slide it rearwards 6" before lifting it more of the way and getting at the drain hose.

The Logic Behind It:
                      On the underside of the tank are two C-channel shaped prongs at the front of the tank that grab the rubber holder on the frame to support the front of the tank. If you pry upwards without moving backwards, you'll bend these, and then the tank will never be particularly stable again (vibes) unless you bend them back into shape well.

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

So who wants to type out the trick to getting the airbox to seat . You know , since he asked how to take the tank off , I'd BET he don't know the trick for the airbox ......
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                          So who wants to type out the trick to getting the airbox to seat . You know , since he asked how to take the tank off , I'd BET he don't know the trick for the airbox ......
                          I'm not getting into the carbs if we need to get into the tank.. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                          X