X

Kat handle bars vs. Bandit handle bars

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kat handle bars vs. Bandit handle bars

I have an 03 600 kat. I rod a freinds FZR1 last week an like the raised bars very much. The top triple clamp is the same style as the Bandit has.
    Does anyone know if the bandit triple clamp will work on my 03 Kat or if there is another way of raising the bars?

no i dont know but i wouldn't mind having my bars raised i have seen bar risers in the archives but i believe they were expisive 300 buck if i remember right but i probably dont later

Comment

You can just swap in the 750 triple and clipons. It will bring you up and back a few inches.
      PM me if you want some details on it.

Comment

I got a set of bars from Spiegrle ,(www.spieglerusa.com),they are fairly simple to install. Someone else from southern Ontario installed a set and included pictures of the install. I have included one of his pictures.

The only thing I found that I needed to change the winsheild for a higher one.
        But I no longer have sore back and shoulders after riding for two or three hours.

Convertibars also make a set but I didn't like the looks of them on there site.
        (www.concvertibars.com)

If you go to the 750 bars, research this site to find the right change over years. They are not all change able. The 03 and newer 600s have a different folk center line then the older modles.

Good luck with the change over I am very happy with mine.
        Attached Files

Comment

I think it's possible to do the swap... but I've never seen it done... Dan D was talking about it at some point last year...
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Dan G View Post
            Does anyone know if the bandit triple clamp will work on my 03 Kat?
            The Bandit 600 has the same diameter fork tubes, 41mm, as the 98+ Kat, so they may fit if the fork spacing and offset are the same.

The Bandit 1200's fork tubes are 43mm, so to avoid complications you may want to avoid them.

There maybe enough play/length in the handlebar lines but I doubt that the top front brake line would be long enough. When I bought Russell's braided brake lines for the front for my Kat, the line from the brake master cylinder to the splitter was about 1-2 inches too short. That would have been the difference between the 600's (lower in height) top tripple and my (higher in height) 750's.
            How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
            How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
            How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
            How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Working...
            X