Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Yuasa & Parts Unlm. Batteries. Same Part Number?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuasa & Parts Unlm. Batteries. Same Part Number?

I need a new battery for my 01 Kat 600. I'm contemplating getting a Yuasa RTX 9-BS for $82, but Parts Unlimited carries a battery that has the exact same part number for only $53. Could it be the same battery by Yuasa? Are Yuasa's worth the money or should i get the Parts Unlimited one? The parts store I was looking at them at suggested looking into it to save some money. (Great store! see my post in gearing up) Any information would be helpful. thanks

I pay $50 for mine at Walmart. Good battery (would be better if I had a battery tender). And I can pick it up and use it that day.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Comment

You mean Wally World
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

I hate Walmart- more, even, than I hate D&D's! Worked there for a while- saw what they are really like, from the inside. Don't beleive all the rah-rah crap you see on their commercials- that only works for those who's development was arrested in highschool.

Besides, I get a good corporate discount at Batteries Plus- better battery at lower cost.
        "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

They have Kat batteries at Advanced Auto Parts for about 50 bucks.
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

Comment

i got a yuasa maintance free battery for my kat and it is great. over 1 year old and has always fired the bike up even when jetting wasn't the greatest. I recommend the yuasa, and buy it locally, the dealerships around here will rip you off in a heart beat, but got mine for ~$75

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

$89 at the dealership here

Comment

The best deal out there for a Yuasa battery. It is called Firepower but it is Yuasa maintenance free. I am glad I did not get the battery yesterday from the dealership!

Comment

Oops, here is the link

Comment

got me a yuasa before winter

couldn't be happier with it

fired the kat right up even in 20 degree temps after sitting two weeks

yuasa is the cadillac of batteries

went to the stealership and told 'em the best price i found on the net was $65
                    and if they wanted my business they'd match it...they matched it
                    You're Welcome,
                    - The Social Invalid

Comment

Less than $50 for this one, which includes shipping. I am going to grab one in a few days.

Comment

Check out Chaparrel. They list the Yuasa battery for $58

So $53 seems like a good, but reasonable price.

Comment

what is the warrienty on the battery. I bought one at Canadian Tire and it only comes with a 6 month warrienty so I make sure it is good and dead before the 6 months are up

Comment

my dad bought a new eiger 4wheeler and the batter went to crap in 7 months, and the warranty was only 6 months. I think the battery has a 6 month warranty just got to check the site.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Working...
                            X