Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tool kit?

what does the factory tool kit include?

my used katana didn't come with one.

Screwdriver handle, interchangable shafts (flathead, phillips).
    10mm, 12mm, 19mm and 21mm wrenches
    Sparkplug hex socket (typical toolkit version -- has holes for the screwdriver to turn it)
    Rear shock adjuster crescent tool
    Allen wrenches in the appropriate metric sizes
    Slip-over sleeve to give you more torque on the rear shock tool as well as on the 19 and 21mm wrenches.
    pair of adjustable pliers

I sell the OEM toolkits now... Then start adding to it with some good tools of your own (small vice grips, flash light, safety wire, wire ties, spare fuses, a dozen feet of 12 or 14 gauge automotive wire, leatherman tool).

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

WOW. thanks for the good advice to improve my on-bike tool kit I`m on it.

www.3dflag.com

Comment

yowza. i'll be looking for one asap.

Comment

Here's what I normally carry:

Since I took those pics, I've added a tire plug kit (in the toolkit), plus a miniture bicycle pump that runs on (your choice) CO2 cartridges or manual pumping (mounted to the outside of the rear frame rail under the fairing).

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

That Cyber...... living up to the boyscout motto (Be prepared) lol
            here's some southerly advice that may come in handy down the road a piece... Next time you are too drunk to drive, walk to the nearest pizza shop and place a delivery order. When they go to deliver it, catch a ride home with them.
            http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/dragkota98/

Comment

Cyperpoet, thanks for the post with the pictures and info, definately some good idea's in there.

Looks like I've got a small project to start working on.
              05 GSX-600
              89 zx750r
              04 Honda TRX-450

Comment

A length of duct tape wrapped around a pen or dowel is a good idea for a quick fix. I also like having silicon tape.

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
                  I also like having silicon tape.
                  Great idea...

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

i noticed no spare spark plugs. some guy with a old school FZR keeps extra on hand, since his eats them up apparently. would this be necessary to keep on hand?

and what is the wire for? for the flashlight, i would recommend one of those batteryless ones.

sadly that, cable lock, and my soccer shorts are the only thing i have in my bike :/

Comment

Originally posted by toezter
                      i noticed no spare spark plugs. some guy with a old school FZR keeps extra on hand, since his eats them up apparently. would this be necessary to keep on hand?
                      I have some on hand (look again). If you're fouling plugs, or spontaneously pop a vacuum leak enroute you will thank the gods you have one on hand...

and what is the wire for?
                      Safety wire if for re-attaching bits that are hanging off or bent/warped from a spill or other failure. I've been lucky not to spill, but have used the wire to safety wire other's fairings, footpegs, etc.

for the flashlight, i would recommend one of those batteryless ones.
                      I have one, but I like not having to masterbate my flashlight to work at night... Spare batteries are easy to carry.

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

In addition to the standard tool kit Ive got zip ties, a mini mag light, a standard size phillips and flat head screwdriver, a small roll of duck tape, a full set of hex wrenches, and needle nose plyers, some extra windscreen bolts, a couple spare miscellaneous fairing bolts too.

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                          ... a mini mag light, ...
                          Mag lights are awesome, but I would also recommend a head lamp like the Petzel Zipka or Zipka Plus

It is compact and light weight. The LEDs use little power and give off a lot of light. The best part is that it leaves your hands free for doing repairs.

Comment

I have one, but I like not having to masterbate my flashlight to work at night... Spare batteries are easy to carry.
                            some extra windscreen bolts, a couple spare miscellaneous fairing bolts too.
                            hey wildkat do you have any spare smaller allen head screws that connect the lower fairing to the upper,or a spare front fender allen screw or the one that connects the airbox to the metal support?? if so would you be interested in selling them?? i took notice that i was missing these when i had the bike apart.

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
                              Originally posted by WildKat
                              ... a mini mag light, ...
                              Mag lights are awesome, but I would also recommend a head lamp like the Petzel Zipka or Zipka Plus
                              Walmart sells an 3-LED conversion for the mini-mags, which I have in one of my flashlights. I normally carry two lights under the seat. But a head-mounted one might not be so bad...

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X