X

Omni-Cruise Cruise Control

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omni-Cruise Cruise Control

I have been trying to find a cruise setup for my pre 600 and I was browsing this morning and came across this...
    OMNI-CRUISE Universal motorcycle and scooter cruise control

I ordered one and will report on it later.

Hopefully it works for Ya. I needed new bar ends, so got some from throttle meister that has the cruise control. Works great and is completely out of the way. Twist on and off.

Comment

I thought about putting in bar end cruise however, I do a lot of cool/cold weather riding and I plan on installing hand guards at some point. So I figured I'd try this because I'm not sure that bar end cruise would work after installing the hand guards.

Comment

Ya not sure about that.

Comment

This is a throttle rocker. Less than $10 and it works safely. I get the heebie jeebies (sort of akin to the "hippie hippie shake") whenever I even think about a cruise control on a bike. I knew a guy with a Harley who had the cruise control on, was forced into a guard rail by a cage coming from his right side, didn't have time to disengage the cruise control, hit the guardrail at speed, and when his arm got caught in the guard rail, well, that's where it stayed. Gruesome. Do take care.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Though they're intriguing, I think im with Zuma. I personally havnt had an issue with cramping but if I did I think I would go with the cramp buster (or similar). Im not entirely sure how the cruise works but I dont want any extra delay in my stopping time. Granted you could probably just pull in the clutch etc but I want 100% of my attention towards reacting and personally dont wanna spare any of my attention towards releasing the throttle or fumbling with its release while you may only have a split second.
            Not knocking ya, just my opinion. Just out of curiosity I would like to see how it works. Maybe you could share a short video.
            94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Not a fan of cruise control on any bike, I know of 2 people that had major crashes do either the cruise was set by accident or they paniced when a situation occured and the didn't/couldn't cancel it. One went head on in to a pole with a GL1000.
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran
              If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

A cruise controll is just a throttle lock, the only time I used one was when I rode from Ontario Canada to Virginia Beach Virginia.
                Not wearing gear while riding is like unprotected sex. Sooner or later you're going to get a rash!

Comment

It sounds like a long distance riding fine idea, but realistically, shit really does happen.

Comment

exactly lol I dont want my throttle locked

Comment

Set up properly, it LOCKS nothing. It adds enough friction to hold the throttle in position, but you don't have to disconnect the throttle lock in an emergency - just rip the throttle further on or off. Admitted - your hand might be off the throttle, but seriously, you would be an idiot to use it anywhere near curves and guard rails. I use mine on the freeways / highways only where the monotony of holding your wrist in one position for hours does cause cramping. I might use the throttle lock for a total of 5 broken minutes per hour, just to give my right hand a rest occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by TRPUT View Post
                        Set up properly, it LOCKS nothing. It adds enough friction to hold the throttle in position, but you don't have to disconnect the throttle lock in an emergency - just rip the throttle further on or off. Admitted - your hand might be off the throttle, but seriously, you would be an idiot to use it anywhere near curves and guard rails. I use mine on the freeways / highways only where the monotony of holding your wrist in one position for hours does cause cramping. I might use the throttle lock for a total of 5 broken minutes per hour, just to give my right hand a rest occasionally.
                        ^ This

I think I paid less than $20 for mine and when I did a 3600 mile run this past summer to ride the Cabot Trail out in Nova Scotia, it came in really handy on those boring slab rides.
                        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                        ------------------------------------------
                        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by TRPUT View Post
                          I understand how they work now, thanks lol.

Its not so much needing to slow in a turn, its oh shit this a-hole just cut me off or jammed on his brakes kinda way

For my commuting an cruising I dont need or desire one however if I ever take a 3600 mile trip it may cross my mind lol. To each his own! Honestly I coulda used one during winter for the periodic squeezing and shaking of the frozen hands but then again having frozen hands is risky enough for me! haha.

Comment

Originally posted by crazycraven420 View Post

Its not so much needing to slow in a turn, its oh shit this a-hole just cut me off or jammed on his brakes kinda way
                            Again, if you're stupid enough to use it when that is a possibility, you're probably lucky to have lived this long.

Comment

I used a throttle rocker for my left hand to get back to Texas from the Dragon when I broke my thumb in 2010, but never used it after that. I was used to riding 700+ per day.

In my mind, there are enough "beyond my control things" that can happen when riding without adding another liability. Maybe I'm narrow-minded in that sense, but things can happen way too fast for safe reaction sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                              X