No announcement yet.
X

My first project (pic intensive)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you use rattle can bed liner, and if so what brand? Looks pretty good!
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Taereek43 View Post
      It's looking really good. Are you going to be doing more painting with it?
      I actually am currently working on painting my new 03 tail with the krazy kreations undertail, i'll be posting possible paint schemes for that soon.

Originally posted by cowleyclan4 View Post
      Very nice! How did cut your windshield?
      I just used a dremel tool with a cut off wheel. Then I went to Autozone and got some door sill trim to go around the edge to clean it up.

Originally posted by SweetLou View Post
      Did you use rattle can bed liner, and if so what brand? Looks pretty good!
      Thanks man! It's rustoleum. I will say that I had trouble with the cans though. After I used about a half of each can, it would start only spraying propellant unless I turned the can upside down (complete opposite of what usually happens). Half of my paint job was done upside down, haha! I am happy with the results though.

Thanks to everyone's compliments. It is far from done, I just though I'd take a break from the work and actually ride it. What a concept, haha! Be on the look out for much more blacking out, paint on the new 03 tail with Krazy Kreations undertail, mesh, and I'm going to do something with those horrible front turn signals.
      Last edited by BPryz; 05-05-2010, 02:11 PM.
      Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
      '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

Really really clean work. I'd be proud to have that bike!

Comment

Check out the ideas im playing with for the new tail

Got a tweaked piece of plastic? Some roughed up paint? Here's the place to get some tips on repairing your Suzuki Katana.
          Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
          '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

Originally posted by Enjay386 View Post
            Really really clean work. I'd be proud to have that bike!
            Thank you. That means a lot, especially because this is my first project! hehe
            Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
            '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

Looks like it was a lot of work
              99 Ford F150 4x4
              04 Mustang GT
              2010 Camaro SS
              06 GSX600F
              sigpic

Comment

Everyone talked me out of doing the truck bed liner paint job I wanted to do... I should kick myself in the butt. I am get a professional job for free but I like that a lot.

It looks awesome man.
                Katie - 91 Kat 600, 98 Bandit 600 engine, Ivan Jet Kit, Ignition Advancer, Gsxr 750 header, Delkevic slip on, Veypor computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilovemyvtx View Post
                  Everyone talked me out of doing the truck bed liner paint job I wanted to do... I should kick myself in the butt. I am get a professional job for free but I like that a lot.

It looks awesome man.
                  Thanks! I would have gone with the free professional job, haha!
                  Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
                  '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

I would be done with my project already because I had to wait a few extra months for the paint job... It has been a year since I have ridden so i'm jonesing bad.

I still have three cans of rustoluem truck bed liner. haha. So im gonna paint my swingarm, rotors, forks, and anywhere else I can think of. lol. It looks pretty good in person. It doesn't photograph well though.
                    Katie - 91 Kat 600, 98 Bandit 600 engine, Ivan Jet Kit, Ignition Advancer, Gsxr 750 header, Delkevic slip on, Veypor computer.

Comment

This looks really good man. I've been wanting to rattle can my plastics. Really love the flat black look...I just might have to do this as well!

How has it held up? Does it scratch much and how do you keep it clean? Anything different than regular paint...
                      Last edited by ajsnow6234; 05-16-2010, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Its looks good

Comment

Fine job.

Comment

Originally posted by ajsnow6234 View Post
                            This looks really good man. I've been wanting to rattle can my plastics. Really love the flat black look...I just might have to do this as well!

How has it held up? Does it scratch much and how do you keep it clean? Anything different than regular paint...

It hasn't scratched at all yet. I will say that the texture of the bed liner makes it hard to keep it clean for very long. It catches any dust and dirt that's in the air. I have just been using a scrubbing brush with some car wash soap to clean it. It is easy to clean, and never needs a buff or wax!!!!
                            Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
                            '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

What did you use you paint the bike? Rattle Cans? If so what brand? I have an 01 as well and will be starting a similar project this weekend.

Comment

I am looking to do a two tone paint sometime this year, I really like the patterns in yours. Great work

Comment

Working...
                                X