X

bike started!!!!! with a loud pop

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bike started!!!!! with a loud pop

though around were the starter is!?????????? I have had trouble recently getting it started i dont know wth happened just a clicking noise i tried to turn it on so much that i drained the battery i charged it and i went to turn it on a it wanted to come on but then a loud pop so i let go of start button then went to push again of course holding the clutch and safety on i pushed button and bammmmm it turned on i let it run for about 5 min and it idled up to 1500 does any body know what this sounds like i know its several problems one the popping then the idling coming up!
    If I aint riding my kat im pulling magic trix out of my hat!
    «on the soccer field of course»

Sounds like you may have flooded it and it backfired throuh the exhaust. Did it sound like a 12 g shotgun going off? Happened to me a couple times. Once a buddy of mine was standing behind it and it burned some of his leg hair and he said he saw a flame

Comment

oh ya sounds about right and burned some hair huh dang thats crazy thanx bro cheers

Comment

is your gas selector in the left side fairing on PRI. this means prime and if you have questionable carbs it could have flooded that way . does sound like a backfire though!
        im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

My bike doesnt have the words pri,on,off i guess it was repainted bbut arrow points east! What does that mean?

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaStud View Post
            My bike doesnt have the words pri,on,off i guess it was repainted bbut arrow points east! What does that mean?
            that little bit of information is useless without knowing if the bike itself is pointed east or west. it would be clearer if you said towards the front of the bike, or the rear.....or to the left or right.
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I would imagine he means it points to the right with North being the top. But your right Mojoe in that right or left woudl have been more infomrational.

If it is pointing to the right then you have it in prime and it is flooding your carbs. Point it down which is on and left is for reserve.
              I am a Penn State fanatic.
              Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Lol i know bro but im speaking in regards to the gas selecter itself! As in if the selecter had north east south west, you can only turn it east south or west..... Simplyfied myine is facing rear tire!

Comment

see my post above...

Comment

Ok crap its always been like that for a couple months on prime then !so do i only put it on prime for start up then flip it to on when im riding?
                    I know that this is probly simple for u experts but im new to this bros

Comment

You live in hot texas. You should never need the prime. honestly... The prime is more for cold weather starts or if the bike has been in storage for a while and needs a bit more fuel to aid in the start process

Comment

Oh i see and reserve?

I guess thats y my garage freaking smells like gas!
                        Last edited by KatanaStud; 07-13-2012, 03:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

reserve is when you run out of fuel and need to tap into the reserve portion of the fuel tank to limp to the nearest gas station

Comment

Ok well thanx bro foe ur info is kevin newsome penn states qb still?

Comment

Working...
                            X