X

The stupidity of people...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STULER View Post
    I mean if the guy on the bike in the right lane was steadily increasing speed, why not just move into his lane and make a pass?
    Because you shouldn't have to overtake in the slow lane because someone is hogging the fast lane. Stupid as it was, I expect the cager was making a point - and possibly mimicking something he has seen riders do many times - ie lane splitting.

Originally posted by BareKat View Post
    You guys are missing the point that if both bikes were in the correct blocking position the cager could not have passed regardless of the bike(s) speeds.
    Last edited by TRPUT; 07-13-2012, 09:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

judging by your little rant, I am going to go out on a limb here and guess you to be somewhere between the ages of...oh, maybe 23 to 26, and "somewhat" new to riding. am I close?

with that said, and assuming I am close with your age/experience, I will refrain from a lot of useless blah blah about who was right and who was wrong. seeing as it is kind of irrelevant in the present.

only thing I can tell ya is that even though these kind of things aren't going to get "better" in the future, your attitude towards them can. eventually as you mature more, your instincts will improve so you can see this sh*t coming before it gets there, and you can just move out of the way. you will also start saying to yourself, "F it...it's just another azzhat I am sharing the road with, and it ain't worth getting upset over". :
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

You are correct sir.

No, i have not been riding for years and am decently new to riding. And i'll be the first one to say that yes, normally i would have gotten behind the other biker when safe to do so, but alas this all happened within seconds.

(I don't know why everyone is being so assertive about passing lanes, this was small town road, in the middle of a small town...a quaint "Main" street if you will. And unless im ignorant to the fact, there was no designated passing lane/slow lane...just whichever lane you pick. Perhaps i should have clarified.)

Comment

Originally posted by katgolddigger View Post
          (I don't know why everyone is being so assertive about passing lanes, this was small town road, in the middle of a small town...a quaint "Main" street if you will. And unless im ignorant to the fact, there was no designated passing lane/slow lane...just whichever lane you pick. Perhaps i should have clarified.)
          This is where IMHO the laws of common sense, courtesy and convention come into play to help keep road rage to a minimum and everyone's safety at the maximum. Whether or not it is a signed over-taking lane, it's good to treat it as such - especially when on 2 wheels and thereby more vulnerable. I guess the trick is to look and plan ahead so you don't find yourself in a situation that leaves you little or no time to escape. In this case, simply staying right would have avoided the entire incident.

Comment

Working...
          X