X

2002 suzuki katana gsx600f handgrips

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 suzuki katana gsx600f handgrips

I would like to know the specification of handgrips of 2002 gsx600f suzuki katana, because I want to replace by after market product. Can someone help me with it. Thank you very much.

What specifications exactly???? Just regular old 7/8 grips......pretty much anything on Ebay will work.

Comment

thank you very much 05RedKat600

For installation I just need to slide off the stock and insert aftermarket,right?
      Last edited by simba2007; 06-27-2012, 05:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Use some grip adhesive also to make sure the new grips hold to the throttle tube and the clip. It's relatively cheap and you don't need much.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugga View Post
          Use some grip adhesive also to make sure the new grips hold to the throttle tube and the clip. It's relatively cheap and you don't need much.
          I prefer safety wire myself....makes them easier to remove afterwards. To each their own!

Comment

i was actually wondering the same thing. my oem ones on the throttle side have a lip that goes over the of the throttle near the housing. kinda hard to explain and can provide pics if needed. all the grips dont seem to have that extra flap to cover that part of the tube.

Comment

Toyfan, can you please help me with pic. You can email me at [email protected]. Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                I prefer safety wire myself....makes them easier to remove afterwards. To each their own!
                Safety wire?

I found a good grip adhesive that gets tacky but the grips are still easy to remove if you ever need to. I can get the name of it but it's in a yellow squeeze tube.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugga View Post
                  Safety wire?

I found a good grip adhesive that gets tacky but the grips are still easy to remove if you ever need to. I can get the name of it but it's in a yellow squeeze tube.
                  Scotts grip glue works pretty well but loosens up over time, i prefer the electrical tape method.
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

As for that "lip" my new grips were a lil shorter and didn't cover that lip. I just cut about .5"-.75" off the old ones (the part that normally covers the lip). Put them on first, (reversed, so it matches your new grips) then slide the new grips to but up against the old ones. Hope this makes sense.

Comment

this is what im talking about. i havent seen this on any other bike or really havent been looking. how do you all deal with this upon replacing your grips?
                      Attached Files

Comment

just told you how. ill see if i can post some pics. the part i cut is right where your fingers are. i cant figure out how to add 5 pics. i can email them or text if you pm your contact info.
                        Last edited by rdreyes; 06-28-2012, 09:32 PM. Reason: adding pics

Comment

thanks, that would be great

Comment

i always found that a good shot of hairspray inside works very well. lubes it up for easy installing and wont ever move. have done that since i was a kid on my bmx bikes and again on the grips i just got

Comment

Working...
                            X