X
X

1/4 mile times 2006 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pretty good times man...I would like to get to a track sometime and polish times, wish I had one closer than 2.5 hours
    And yes I was surprised a little when I was researching the Kat before I bought it...says the stock 1/4 mile times are 11.5 on the 750, pretty quick imho...doesn't list rider size though

on a side note I also learned my old Bandit 600s was about 20 lbs heavier which almost doesn't make sense....I wonder if it's mostly in the frame?
    Last edited by jettajake00; 05-02-2009, 11:16 PM.
    vwvortex.com : jettajake00
    midmoriders.com :jettajake00
    Go Cardinals!

Comment

okay... im lookin to get a 2002 katana 750... and after seeing these times, idk if i want one now... i mean i had a 91 cbr600f2 begining of this year and it was my first bike, and i took it to the track... and i ran a 13.9 first pass, then a 12.9 second... after a few weeks of goin i was in the low 12s, and i ran 3 11.93 passes... so im real curious as to how a newer bike with more power runs less times? is it driver error or what? elavation? temp of air? i haven had my m license for even 7 months and i ran 11s... please tell me how thats possible?

im not tryin to be rude or anything and im sorry to bring an old thread back... just curious is all

Comment

The Kat 750 is about is roughly the same weight (slightly more), but has less HP. 100 HP for the CBR and about 92 for the Kat. That's how.

Comment

So I'm prolly bettter off with another cbr then is what your sayin

Comment

That's your decision. Just giving you info on why the Kat is a bit slower. Depends entirely on what you want to do with it. IMO, Kat is more comfortable and would make a better daily rider. In the track/speed department, the CBR is better.

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
              That's your decision. Just giving you info on why the Kat is a bit slower. Depends entirely on what you want to do with it. IMO, Kat is more comfortable and would make a better daily rider. In the track/speed department, the CBR is better.
              im more in for the speed in the 1/4 mile and in for the turns... the kat im lookin at has stage 1 jets, timing advance, 1 down front, new clutch ans springs.... now im thinkin thats basically gonna put that bike at low 12s high 11s, where my stock cbr was... but imma keep lookin for a fuel injected bike... imho i prefer fuel injected bikes, and carbed cars lol

Comment

many of us don't buy kats purely for their speed/general performance.. we buy them for their ease of riding and general comfort while still retaining enough power to keep up with other bikes. That was my big thing, I didn't want to be like my friend on a ninja 250 who barely could keep up on the average cruise with the other bikes in the group here which are mostly full sport bikes and busas. I love still being able to do go from 20-80 in seconds yet being able to do a 2 hour ride without getting too uncomfortable.

Comment

The 06 Kat has the same motor as the pre 2000 gsxr. That's what makes them fast. I miss my Katana and the feel of a V twin, but at the same time SS bikes rock, they just do it uncomfortably though. Lol.
                  "2006 Suzuki GSX-F 750cc Katana"
                  "2000 Honda CBR 929 RR Fireblade"

Comment

Originally posted by Drinknthink View Post
                    The 06 Kat has the same motor as the pre 2000 gsxr. That's what makes them fast. I miss my Katana and the feel of a V twin, but at the same time SS bikes rock, they just do it uncomfortably though. Lol.
                    Um, no it doesn't. Different cams and a bunch of other stuff. They are similar to the oil cooled GSXR's pre-1991. After that the GSXR's are water cooled.

Comment

I recommend thinking THEN drinking. I was completely unaware the Katana inline 4 gave the feel of a v-twin.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                        I recommend thinking THEN drinking. I was completely unaware the Katana inline 4 gave the feel of a v-twin.
                        Yeah, I was wondering about that myself.....

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                          Um, no it doesn't. Different cams and a bunch of other stuff. They are similar to the oil cooled GSXR's pre-1991. After that the GSXR's are water cooled.
                          US GSX-R's didn't get water cooling until 1993, rest of the world got them in 92. US did get the watercooled GSX-R600 in 92, just not the 750.
                          John,
                          '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Drinknthink View Post
                            There is so much wrong with these statements...
                            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                            Originally posted by soulless kaos
                            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                            X