X

removing my battery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing my battery

hi there again guys. My battery needs replacing in my bike, can someone please give me information on what exactly i should be looking for when i purchase a new battery, also could i get some help on how to remove the old one and put the new one in. The battery at the moment feels like it is in some kind of cradle, possibly some kind of plate fixing it into position. As always, any help is much appreciated

Removing your battery should be as easy as disconnecting the cables at the terminals and simply lifting it out. As for which brand to replace it with, I've always had good luck with Yuasa.
    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
    ------------------------------------------
    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Hi, I have tried just removing the terminals etc,it feels like there is some kind of resistance, is there some kind of cradle that it might be connected into,, as always, many thanks for your help! I think i need to buy a hard copy of the manual,, goignt through the online version sucks

Comment

You take the rubber strap off holding it in?
        never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
        Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
        confused katana build

Comment

The battery may be swollen, give it a good yank ~

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

Originally posted by jbo197 View Post
            The battery may be swollen, give it a good yank ~

Yeah, depending on the time of month there may be a bit of bloating and water gain...

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
              Yeah, depending on the time of month there may be a bit of bloating and water gain...

Krey
              never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
              Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
              confused katana build

Comment

winner!
                sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                ------------------------------------------
                89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                96 YZF 1000R

Comment

How hard can that battery be glued to that fram !

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                  How hard can that battery be glued to that frame !
                  :repost
                  Last edited by [email protected]; 06-08-2012, 10:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

no joy thus far guys!!

Comment

there really should be no reason for it to be stuck unless someone installed the wrong battery in it and shoehorned it in there some way
                      im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

It might be a bunch of road dirt and grime has collected around the battery and is wedging it in there. Try hosing the box and battery and see if a bunch of dirt comes out. Just make sure to plug the air intake first.

Comment

success!! cheers guys, it finally came out,, the cradle in which it sits was flexing a bit as i was yanking it, i thought i might damage it so was maybe being a bit over cautious, in the end i thought sod it, its gotta come out somehow, so ta-da, a bit of brute force and ignorance,, done!

Comment

Working...
                          X