X

did i get a good buy???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did i get a good buy???

im new to this forum, and new to katanas. i like the bike it rides nice. i just bought it last week. its an 05 750 with 5000 miles on it. it seems like it was well taken care of. i paid 2900 for. is that a decent price for it or did i get ripped. this is the first motorcycle ive bought. is there any good mods for it. i do love it stock but would like to put a nice exhaust on. any tips would be helpful.

Welcome to KR.

I'd say you paid a bit much but if it's in really good condition and you're planning on riding it instead of thinking of it as an investment then whatever. Ride it as-is this fall and maybe even next year. Then decide what sorts of mods you want to do. If you're dead set on an aftermarket exhaust then I'd suggest looking for a Yoshimura slip-on. Terrific sound without annoying the neighbors too much and the only thing you'll need to do to keep the tuning right is back the A/F screws out a hair. (The bike would benefit from that even with the stock exhaust.)
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Are you happy with your purchase? If you are, you did well. Prices on bikes and cars varies from area to area somewhat. If you did'nt know, you can get on Kelly Blue Book (KKB.com) and get "average" prices for your area. Ride it, enjoy it and get the good out of it! Welcome to KR!
      Last edited by superbike; 09-27-2012, 03:41 PM.

Comment

an 05' 750 for $2900 with very low miles?! That is a smoking deal where I am from. They go from anywhere between $2200 to $4900. $4900 being basically what you have and $2200 being something around an 02' with 50,000kms that and the fact the 750 posts are very rare here.

Enjoy it, you have a great bike!
        -Brandon

Comment

I think that post-750s are pretty scarce everywhere. Plenty of 600s around but by '98 the Katana was viewed as an entry-level bike and not as a legitimate entry-level sport-tourer so the 750, with its extra power and more comfortable ergos didn't sell as well.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

thanks guys. im happy with the bike.

Comment

...and that's what matters.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

^ 1+
                sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                ------------------------------------------
                89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I think that's a fair price. Actually, around here for one that is in excellent shape, the book value is $3500.

Welcome to KR and good luck with the bike.
                  Last edited by JIB; 09-27-2012, 11:26 AM.

Comment

I don't think you're happy enough.
                    -Brandon

Comment

if it makes you feel better i paid 3500 for my 750. it was well taken care of and has a yoshi pipe on it . ive put over 5 000 miles on it this summer as a commuter to work . there is nothing like getting away with 13$ a week for gas .
                      im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

+1^ Saves a ton on gas. Think you got a pretty good buy. I paid $1700 for my '02 600 almost 13,000 miles. Completely excellent condition. What really matters is if ur happy and satisfied with the bike. Ii am.

Comment

If you had the money for it, don't worry about it. I had those thoughts too. But two things; one being that you will spend a good amount of money keeping your bike in good shape (not a killer, but it is more $$$) and plenty more if you want to mod in any way. And two, you have a bike! Ride that sumb!tch and have fun.

p.s. Be safe too.
                          Extra life.

Comment

Originally posted by superbike View Post
                            Are you happy with your purchase? If you are, you did well. Prices on bikes and cars varies from area to area somwhat. If you did'nt know, you can get on Kelly Blue Book (KKB.com) and get "average" prices for your area. Ride it, enjoy it and get the good out of it! Welcome to KR!
                            +1 The only thing that is important is if you are happy with your purchase. It sounds like you have a quality bike so get your money's worth out of it and ride!
                            sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                            1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                            2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                            First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                            Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

I paid $2500 for an 02 750 with 60k or roughly 27.5k miles on it. That was through private sale. It was either that or $3995-$4795 for the equivilant through various bike shops, but I did get 2 brand new helmets, leathers that were very slightly worn and that actually fit, sadle bags, an alarm and few few extra parts. I am very happy with my purchase as you should be as well. Sounds like you got your self a great bike so gear up and ride safe
                              2002 750 Kat
                              2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
                              2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
                              2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
                              1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
                              2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Working...
                              X