X

finally got my Kat! advice on mod.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally got my Kat! advice on mod.

2000 Katana 600, 13,635 original miles, excellent condition. Already put 174 mile roadtrip on her.
    Read some posts on how ugly they are, but to me it is a thing of beauty. Been looking long for a yellow kat and found it finally. I did a fender (shovel) removal mod on it today which i can post pics of later. I plan on do some other mods to it, like LED tail and turn signals, blacked out windshield and new slip on.
    I was wondering if I have to re-jet to put an aftermarket slip-on muffler on it? So far I am loving my Kat, it's my first sport bike and glad I made the cross-over to it. Below is a pic of her.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hukeedo; 09-17-2012, 08:34 PM. Reason: forgot to add something

No, you shouldn't have to re-jet to install a slip-on. Worst case is you may need to back the A/F screws out a bit from stock but that's needed without the slip-on, too.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Thats good to know. thanks, i will be looking for a slip-on. Im thinking Yoshi.

Comment

Put a 14in Delkevic on and didn't rejet yet.. I will be doing a Factory pro jet kit soon to it. People recommend the jet kit even if you have a factory pipe on it.
        Check my garage for current pic and upgrades

My build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127457

Comment

I would definately rejet the carbs, it may not be needed, but it makes a noticeable difference. These bikes are tuned so lean from the factory to meet emmision standards, so installing a jet kit just wakens the bike up.

Comment

Looks nice...
            And as long as you like it who cares what others think.

+1 on jet kit even out the factory
            1995 Suzuki Katana 750 (Undergoing changes)
            1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing(Sold)
            Project Death Machine (Custom built reverse trike by me)

Comment

I do love the bike and Its not that anyone directly put it down, but i see lots of negative opinions on kats not being "Real" bikes. Everyone has to have a GSXR, or ZX11 or CBR 900RR,which are great, but i dont know any U.S. roads that you could go legally 170+ mph, so i'm good to go. This bike has more power than i will ever use or need, as far as being a "real" bike? anything that has a top speed of 128 mph or more, is a real bike to me!! Speed limits are in place and the cops dont give an inch on speeding, especially on these bikes, so i ride as fast as i can afford to!! Heck, i just came off a KZ440 straight to this bike, it's a rocket to me lol. Anyways,
              Is it hard to rejet these carbs? I've never done a re-jet on any bike but I am mechanically inclined. I will definatly be getting a shop manual for the bike regardless.
              Last edited by hukeedo; 09-18-2012, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Good luck with everything. What part of OH are you from?

Comment

Chillicothe!

Comment

Originally posted by hukeedo View Post
                    Chillicothe!

If you ever ride up near Youngstown are let me know

Comment

[QUOTE=Wreckie29;2232247]Looks nice...
                      And as long as you like it who cares what others think.

+1
                      Enjoy your Kat and ride safe...

Comment

Will do kat600rdr! And thanks Javy23, I am lovin it!!

Comment

Here is a couple more pics, one is of the back where i did my own fender removal mod. Finished it up today in fact. So happy I did it! I re-used all existing parts from the bike, modified the license plate bracket and used it attached to a custom made bracket to secure it to the existing fender well area, custom made my own turn signal bracket out of aluminum flat bar, and used the original license plate light, that has been removed from the factory housing..Yes, i know, i need a new back tire, getting one this coming weekend lol.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Holy hell Batman!!! I hope you photoshopped the tire like you did the license plate...
                            1995 Suzuki Katana 750 (Undergoing changes)
                            1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing(Sold)
                            Project Death Machine (Custom built reverse trike by me)

Comment

lol...ah, yes, indeed i did....NOT! lol

Comment

Working...
                              X