X

Just bought my second Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought my second Kat

Hey all...Just bought my 2nd Kat..I had a 05 750 2 years ago then traded for a 05 1100 V-star....Came back with a 03 750 KAT..had some work done on it. Tailkit, Hindle muffler, braided brake lines, new tires\chain and sprocket...

I can't wait till the spring...one question..I can't get the tires off the ground as the bike no longer has a center stand becasue of the hindle pipe...The swingarm has no spools for a lift and the brake caliber sits below the swingarm which won't allow me to use the other style of tire lift..As of right now, the bike is on plywood, should this be ok for the winter????

see what you get for getting rid of the 1100 kat .......
    Scotty Doesn't Know ...Scotty Doesn't Know.. Don't Tell Scotty

Comment

The 1100 was a Yamaha V-Star

Comment

Is the bike inside or outside? Inside on a concrete floor I wouldn't worry much, maybe move it a foot or so back and forth every so often if it's bugging ya.
        2000 Katana 600
        2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Welcome to KR! This site is awesome
          "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Comment

Congrats and welcome to KR!
            =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Thanks....How do i get my profile pic to show beside my user name on any posts or replys i do??

Disregard....I just figured it out....

It is inside the garage on plywood
              Last edited by OshawaKat; 12-24-2009, 09:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

Oshawa? Oshawa ontario?

Welcome to the site

Comment

Yep.....Oshawa Ontario

Comment

Whitby > the Shwa

I've probably seen you around, not too many katanas around here

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
                        Q. "What do you think when you see a pretty girl walking down the street" -A. "One side of me says, 'I'd like to talk to her, date her'. The other side of me says , 'I wonder how her head would look on a stick?"

Comment

If you're really that concerned you can jack up the back and put jackstands under the axle nuts... that's how I used to store my KZ1000.
                          My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

Properly inflated, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Welcome to KR fellow Canuck!!
                            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                            ------------------------------------------
                            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Welcome to KR from NC!!! Enjoy all this place has to offer!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X