No announcement yet.
X

Joey's POS to Sexy beast thread.. :D

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're doing WAY better on this project than I could.. I am following and hope to see it finished and running. Best of luck

Comment

Originally posted by tic View Post
      You're doing WAY better on this project than I could.. I am following and hope to see it finished and running. Best of luck
      Meh you could do it if you set off too.

I have a few pictures to post in a while. I do however have a small problem. I want to edit the rear of the frame but for some reason I cannot get steel tubing anywhere in the area. It is insane how hard it is to find the proper size. I may end up going to a junk yard to find the pieces I need because if not ill have to order the metal and it gets pricy with shipping costs.
      Follow my custom build thread! (check first post for major updates and to sell me parts!)

Free Parts

Comment

UPDATE: 11-20-15

Well I haven't gotten much done since I have completed the engine build but today I finally got out my new welder and finished the last of the frame modification. I need to add the back bracket for the seat still but that shouldn't take long.

I have ran into a major problem though... I cannot decide if I want to throw in a 750-1100 or keep my 600.. I can pick up a 750 pretty cheap semi local (2 hours away) that only has 5k miles on it.

Is the 750 that much better than the 600? Opinions please.
        Follow my custom build thread! (check first post for major updates and to sell me parts!)

Free Parts

Comment

I sold my 750 for $50 lol

-if the guy backs out I'll make you the saim deal
          $70 for everything, cdi, alt, starter, exhaust
          Comp is 90-125psi

I'm swapping in a 1157/b12

I can't personally verify that its that much better since I never rode a 600 however I can say that the 750 was a lot of fun.

Id say if your going to swap it to go as big as possible a 1127/1156 are awesome power plants
          The 1127 for doing 180 down the freeway and the 1156 for power wheelies

My b12 swap is not cheap though check my thread for part costs
          Last edited by Tekgnome; 11-20-2015, 08:08 PM.
          Tekgnomes Crazy Custom Fighter
          The Screaming Banshee <

Big Bore B12 swapped madness

Comment

My wife didn't think it was that much of a difference.... until I did the swap for her to a 750. She's said multiple times she would never go back.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Tekgnome View Post
              I sold my 750 for $50 lol

-if the guy backs out I'll make you the saim deal
              $70 for everything, cdi, alt, starter, exhaust
              Comp is 90-125psi

I'm swapping in a 1157/b12

I can't personally verify that its that much better since I never rode a 600 however I can say that the 750 was a lot of fun.

Id say if your going to swap it to go as big as possible a 1127/1156 are awesome power plants
              The 1127 for doing 180 down the freeway and the 1156 for power wheelies

My b12 swap is not cheap though check my thread for part costs
              If you are serious about the $70 for everything I may be interested pending miles and such.

Free Parts

Comment

Originally posted by Yeoj112689 View Post
                If you are serious about the $70 for everything I may be interested pending miles and such.
                100% but that's if if the guy backs out.

The engine is out so I have to wait for the cdi, and rear sprocket to come off. It should be ready for pick up this weekend.

I reminded him about it yesterday and he slyly made a comment about his vehicle being on the Fritz. So I'm not sure if he's still wanting it or If his truck Is really broken.

I figured someone could part it out, scrap the rest and still make a profit of over $500. The cdi, alt, starter, crank, transmission, cams are all good when it was pulled.

The shop did a compression test & leak down.
                They pulled the valve cover and verified that the head is leaking.

I wanted to swap engines but the existing block could have been fixed and kept.

I've got pictures of the test I can link later. You can talk with the shop to verify that it did run and idle but has low comp.

19k miles
                Last edited by Tekgnome; 11-23-2015, 05:56 AM.
                Tekgnomes Crazy Custom Fighter
                The Screaming Banshee <

Big Bore B12 swapped madness

Comment

Hello everyone!

I am back to building my bike. I got a bit side tracked due to money but am picking up the parts today and starting to finish my build. Sorry for the delay.

Free Parts

Comment

Hey all, I have some slight pitting in one of the cylinder walls. I am not happy with it so I can either have it bored slightly and put bigger rings, any suggestions on rings would be cool, or I can have it sleeved, or look for another set of cylinders. What do you guys think?

Free Parts

Comment

• The correct way, Find new cylinders and rings, the rings need to seat to the new walls. Not to bad in pricing. Plus more miles on the motor.
                      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran
                      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                        The correct way, Find new cylinders and rings, the rings need to seat to the new walls. Not to bad in pricing. Plus more miles on the motor.
                        Well does anyone have a set of cylinders for sale in solid condition? Should I look for a new set of rings or ones that were used with the cylinders?

Free Parts

Comment

• New rings... You'll need to spec the cylinders for true, if your buying used, low Milage of course.
                          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran
                          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                            New rings... You'll need to spec the cylinders for true, if your buying used, low Milage of course.
                            That is one thing I am worried about. Most people who sell used cylinders probably do not check for this so I would hate to buy "new-used" cylinders and be stuck. Any place for decently priced rings?

11k miles..

Free Parts

Comment

• Hey everyone. I sourced a set of jugs and did a bit more welding today... until I ran out of wire... at 0400 hours...

ANYWAY!

The project is still happening a year later but happening. I plan on finishing the welds for the frame tomorrow and possibly prep/paint for the frame as well. Swing arm is next.

Ive been doing small things here and there but have been too busy to update. Sorry about that =\

Free Parts

Comment

• Just had the new (used) cylinders come in and they are basically flawless. Came with pistons *set in each cylinder) and everything is to spec! Not bad for $50 shipped across the US in 3 days.

Free Parts

Comment

Working...
                                X