X

Brake rotor compatilibity

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake rotor compatilibity

Hello all, I am looking at buying an '08 GSX650F rear brake rotor and was wondering if it would fit my '06 GSX600F..

I'm low on money but my brake rotor is looking terrible and really need a new one. I'll get this one for about $40 if it turns out to be a fit.

Here's a link to what I'm looking at, it's used, I'm not sure if the condition is worth it to you guys: Rear brake rotor

Also any other economical solutions are welcome.

Thank you to all

26,548 known miles on it.... I'm not a fan of buying used brake ANYTHING (aside from maybe calipers given that I did a rebuild) let alone with that many miles on it. Hopefully it isn't warped and the pads you use it with will sit flush on it. As for the compatibility question, I'm sorry but I don't know the answer to that.

Comment

No, it won't even come close to fitting on your wheel.

If you were to swap in the entire wheel, the OD of the rotor would work... the ID is way larger on the 650 rotor though.

At that price I would suggest new though...

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks guys, I did a little more looking today and this seems to be a good Deal.

It appears to be a match based on the compatibility list, is brand new, and come with pads. So $65 is about what I would have spent getting a used one then new pads from the store.

Also, I didn't do much looking for the appropriate subforum to post this question in... If I was wrong, please tell me the correct one to post in next time for any future inquiries of this nature.

Thanks all again!

Comment

Nothing better than no name parts of questionable quality control when your life is on the line.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
            Nothing better than no name parts of questionable quality control when your life is on the line.
            Who uses the rear brake anyways?...

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Doesn't 7th Gear Designs sell brake rotors?

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                Who uses the rear brake anyways?...

Krey
                To continue with that logic, why not just remove the rear brake entirely then?

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                  To continue with that logic, why not just remove the rear brake entirely then?

Yes! That's like 10lbs less weight. Drop that and 1 of the rediculous dual rotor setup on the front and your rockin! That's atleast 3hp gain!

/sarcasm off

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Comment

Yes! That's like 10lbs less weight. Drop that and 1 of the rediculous dual rotor setup on the front and your rockin! That's atleast 3hp gain!

/sarcasm off

Krey

Comment

/sarcasm off
                      I'm outa here

Comment

Working...
                      X