Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Well.... the motor had to come back out..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well.... the motor had to come back out..

Ok I know that I let you all hanging and wanting to know what that he!! was my noise. So today after work I found that I will not be closing on the house anytime soon , I do what make me not think about anything other then what's on my mind. I jacked the bike up and thought now would be a great time to make that video as the bike has been sitting for almost a month!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUR1gtBySq0&feature=plcp"]VIDEO0018.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

SO hear the knocking?!?!?! Ok so drain the oil and its clean just changed it 153 mile ago (wast of money) and pulled the clutch cover off. Well every thing looking good so far not one thing cracked or broken or worn! Must have got me a lemon trans!

Now remind you there not all there but they all look the same. So as of right now I'm thinking about just cutting all ties with the beast and taking a large loss. Not that I want to but I think it's going to be for the best as I have a lot on my plate right now and later on in life when money can be more spendy I will get me another bike.

Now the best thing I can ask right now is what could I sell this for? I have a good trany in the other engine, new well "lots" of every thing, and way more time then I ever thought I'd have in to her. As for what would be a good asking price FAIR for me and the new owner!

This has to be the most filled BS day that I have had this year!

Sounds like a hooked front sprocket ,take the cover off and check the sprocket is ok,no bent or worn out teath.
    I'm outa here

Comment

Brand new front and rear sprocket from Jim. Front sprocket moves free, and is not bent or worn.

Comment

time for a B12 transplant
        A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
        mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.
        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
          Been there thought about it, chose the pot 600 as I could still use my carbs and what not. I'm not willing to feed anymore money to her as buying a house takes up more then I make in a month. The bike will sit or get sold as it with all the parts I have for it. IE old engine, bike, new everything, etc.... Or I might just buy the gaskets and swap the trans gear,bearings, and what ever else that would need to be replaced. Just don't have the time or will to invest anymore time in to her.

Comment

Just park it up...one day you will have another go....prob needs the gearbox striping down to find the noise....
            I'm outa here

Comment

If I had to guess it's probably a bearing that is letting go. Drove it around today and it never makes a pep under load but when you unload it IE let off the gas or pull the clutch in or cruise she makes a loud ticking. If she don't sell I will keep it around and this winter pull the engine out and do a rebuild on everything. After that it will be efi and there will be no going back! But that's all if she don't sell.

Comment

remove the chain and spin the countershaft....

if you feel and hear the noise its internal.
                sounds like a chain or sprocket issue to me, maybe the chain hitting something or sprockets installed the wrong way.
                98 GSX750F
                95 Honda VT600 vlx
                08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
                  if you feel and hear the noise its internal.
                  sounds like a chain or sprocket issue to me, maybe the chain hitting something or sprockets installed the wrong way.

There is a right way to install the front sprocket? and or the rear? As far as I know the front sprocket can be used front to back.

There really is not way to install the front sprocket wrong its the same on both sides. As for the chain hitting anything there is not one mark on the sprocket cover and or the chain it self having any sing of wear. Now not being a d!ck but This was the first thing I looked for as I rode a 250 next to my bike and seen the chain moving more then needed. Also after I adjusted it cleaned and re-waxed it I looked for any sing of wear on the chain. The chain is making normal noise you can hear it click but the thud sound when you get close to the case freaks me out a bit.
                  Last edited by 95GSX600noob; 09-28-2012, 06:02 PM.

Comment

still. pull the chain and listen for a noise when turning the countershaft.

i dont see a brand on the sprockets.... its rare for a sprocket to have a flaw but it is possible the pitch is off. or the spacing is incorrect or something

Ive repaired a lot of damaged transmissions including bent countershafts and or pto bearings. Ive never heard that noise ... I mean I have but it was usually caused by the chain or sprockets....
                    Last edited by hardlydangerous; 09-28-2012, 09:02 PM.
                    98 GSX750F
                    95 Honda VT600 vlx
                    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Re watched the video and i didnt see if there was any play in the chain?,not over tight is it?
                      I'm outa here

Comment

There is about 15/16th of a inch of play in the chain.

Comment

Working...
                        X