X

Fairing bolt kits?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairing bolt kits?

Anyone know of a good shop to order fairing bolt kits preferably in red?

I am also interested to see what advice is given on this, I am looking for polished , allen head , fairing bolts , with black rubber washers. Could always go to home depot or a bolt/nut shop but would be cool if they made a kit specifically for kats.

Comment

Im in the same boat. The PO used about 5 different types/styles of fasteners for the fairings.
      I was just going to spec out the sizes and order a sack of bolts from the store and be done with it.

Comment

pro bolt

Comment

Yea, I've looked at pro bolts kit. They only have blue black gunmetal and silver. Ganjagreg, the kits pro bolt has come with the rubber boots, and rounded Allen heads. You could buy the black and silver then you would have your combo hehe. I really want red though! If I don't find any within the week though I am definitely ordering black.

Comment

Originally posted by Kat600noob View Post
            Yea, I've looked at pro bolts kit. They only have blue black gunmetal and silver. Ganjagreg, the kits pro bolt has come with the rubber boots, and rounded Allen heads. You could buy the black and silver then you would have your combo hehe. I really want red though! If I don't find any within the week though I am definitely ordering black.

Pro bolt offers colors Silver, Gold, Black, Red, Blue, Purple, and orange in aluminum fasteners.

Warning!!!, aluminum fasteners tend to be loosen easily and fall out, or strip very easily as well. I would suggest you use the removable lock tight option with them if you pic those or plan on replacements.

The titanium is limited to black, blue, purple... but not really that cost effective for fairing bolt sets.

Alternatively... stainless can be coated with colors as well. If you really want red, you could purchase stainless bolts, have them coated after the fact...

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
              Pro bolt offers colors Silver, Gold, Black, Red, Blue, Purple, and orange in aluminum fasteners.

Warning!!!, aluminum fasteners tend to be loosen easily and fall out, or strip very easily as well. I would suggest you use the removable lock tight option with them if you pic those or plan on replacements.

The titanium is limited to black, blue, purple... but not really that cost effective for fairing bolt sets.

Alternatively... stainless can be coated with colors as well. If you really want red, you could purchase stainless bolts, have them coated after the fact...

Krey

Agreed on the aluminum falling out and such. I have aluminum polished allen head fairing bolts and i keep losing them.. ready to upgrade

thx all check them out
              Last edited by GanjaGreg; 05-24-2014, 08:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Can someone post a link to the pro bolt kit?
                I ran a search on their website and it came up blank.

Comment

http://www.probolt-usa.com/ from what I gather... They don't sell the kits, they supply the fasteners for suppliers to make the kits. Their site doesn't offer them either. Dennis Kirk, Ebay sellers, other bike suppliers do sell them as a kit, or measure what you need and order each piece in what ever color you need. I'll give them a call to make sure.
                  Last edited by 92xjunker; 05-25-2014, 12:48 AM.
                  "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran
                  If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

So after reading these posts about not using aluminum, I found a kit on amazon for $38, they have stainless steel and black. I ordered the stainless. A bit cheaper than pro bolt, free shipping and it comes with a manual oooohhhh! 3 days and I can get rid of these beat down fairings!

Comment

So after reading these posts about not using aluminum, I found a kit on amazon for $38, they have stainless steel and black. I ordered the stainless. A bit cheaper than pro bolt, free shipping and it comes with a manual oooohhhh! 3 days and I can get rid of these beat down fairings!
                      how was the bolts you got from amazon? i am in need of some for my 96 katana 600. the PO did not have any of the bolts for the fairings. thanks

Comment

You can get stainless "Large-Diameter Truss Head Machine Screws" from McMaster.com that will work just fine. These kits are grossly overpriced & low quality fasteners from what I have seen.

Comment

I got my bolt kit from eBay worked perfect and cheap. just sayin
                          2002 750 Kat
                          2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
                          2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
                          2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
                          1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
                          2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

when i changed mine i lived next door to a little gas station/hardware store and i replaced any that were stripped, rusted or missing and they had the rubber washers. I spent definitely under $10...probably closer to $5.
                            94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

I have recently went on a search for bolts. The best site I could find that was not eBay or Amazon was..... http://www.sportbikebolts.com/index....ndex&cPath=201 ....

I emailed the contact support because the last purchase I made I didn't contact them before I made a purchase. Lost $40 as I don't think they are even in business anymore... DashZracing. That sucked..

ANYWHO! I was told they are stainless steel bolts that are painted. Very wide range of colors ($10.00) a color. Right now they have a 25% discount on the Katana fastener kits. The site has good reviews. I ordered a complete 98'+ kit. I will leave a review on the site and post back on here when I get the kit. (2-5 days shipping).

$40.93-$41.93 w/ shipping depending if you get box or bag packaging.

Comment

Working...
                              X