X

Anyone try hyperpro springs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone try hyperpro springs?

Been online reading up on fork springs and I was all set to get the RaceTech's and than I came across these Hyperpro spring and they look kinda nice.

Anyone out there use them?

I like race tech and most commuters like the progressive springs.

also pix!
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I think one thing to be aware of is that they look to be a non-linear spring. Meaning they act differently at different stages of compression.

That's only important if you go with Race Tech's emulators. Since linear springs behave the same throught it's length, the emulators can be adjusted (tunned) to your preferences.

With the progressive type, the kind that has different stages within it's spring travel, trying to tune the emulator to the 1/3 stage will change when it's at the 2/3 stage, and vise-versa.
      How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy View Post
        I think one thing to be aware of is that they look to be a non-linear spring. Meaning they act differently at different stages of compression.

That's only important if you go with Race Tech's emulators. Since linear springs behave the same throught it's length, the emulators can be adjusted (tunned) to your preferences.

With the progressive type, the kind that has different stages within it's spring travel, trying to tune the emulator to the 1/3 stage will change when it's at the 2/3 stage, and vise-versa.
        But dont you tune your forks for different tracks? It would seem that tuning for all around use (twisties,freeway and track) would be difficult at best?

Comment

Originally posted by GSXfs600 View Post
          It would seem that tuning for all around use (twisties,freeway and track) would be difficult at best?
          And even more difficult when variable rate springs are used.

Again this is only when the emulators are being used.

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy View Post
            And even more difficult when variable rate springs are used.

Again this is only when the emulators are being used.
            And why are you replying as if I were using or going to use the emulator?

I'm talking about installing some springs with the correct spacers and calling it done.

I'm riding a Katana, not a race bike. If I wanted twice the power and 2/3 the weigh, I'd get another CBR1000RR.

I'm old and tierd and just want a sport touring bike and I'd like to set it and forget it. The Progressive springs seems more suited for this.
            Last edited by GSXfs600; 10-08-2008, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Ive used hyperpro progressives a couple of times & also hagon not any differance in performance between the two that i can tell
              Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Originally posted by tone View Post
                Ive used hyperpro progressives a couple of times & also hagon not any differance in performance between the two that i can tell
                Did they perform well for you? where they firm enough for twisties?

Comment

yes they perform well once setup for your weight & riding style, no better or worse than any of the other progressives
                  Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Originally posted by tone View Post
                    yes they perform well once setup for your weight & riding style, no better or worse than any of the other progressives
                    I got a pair of Progressive brand springs off ebay for $20. I'll see if I like that sort of ride and go from there.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXfs600 View Post
                      And why are you replying as if I were using or going to use the emulator?
                      I only bring it up because it is a common upgrade when people are during their forks.

Comment

emulator is as good a thing to do as the springs or better. Both together are so much better than stock. Best thing to do IMHO is a usd upgrade.
                        TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                        Who knows what is next?
                        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by ThAzKat View Post
                          Best thing to do IMHO is a usd upgrade.
                          I had considered at one time doing a Yamaha YZF600R fork swap. Same 41mm diameter forks tubes, so theoretically they would slip into the triple tree. I know there would be more to it than that, though. Yet fully adjustable cartridge forks.

Comment

Working...
                          X