X

Quick Rain vs Chain question..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Rain vs Chain question..

I just went through a huge storm for about 55 miles Weather channel lied. Anyways. Should I Re-lube the chain right away, or wait til I ride it again? I'm not sure exactly what to do. Sucky part is I just lubed the whole thing right after my ride into work this morning. Thanks in advance.

I use Bel-Ray Super Clean Chain lube, if that helps.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Personally I would give it a squirt. It will help displace the water. The standing water is what causes corrosion.

Comment

Ever hear of acidic rain? I would throw some lube on there and take her for quick spin...then re-lube again.

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaKat
        Ever hear of acidic rain? I would throw some lube on there and take her for quick spin...then re-lube again.
        I assume I have to wait till it quits raining

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Air pressure dry it.
          Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

i use wax, do i still need to lube after a rain

Comment

Good idea to lube after rain . Riding in the rain will also carry road dirt onto your chain , which I could see getting at the o-rings . I wouldn't bother with a full-on cleaning , but a quick rubdown and relube wouldn't hurt .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
              X