X

Stuck in 2nd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigbody45
    so most of you roll up in neutral. Do all years of the Katana have a neutral light?
    i shift to 1st right before i come to a stop, while going at walking speed ive never had a problem going to 1st.
    03 katanika

Comment

Might try making sure you let the pressure off of the shifter, move it up with your toe then back down (just wiggle it, not trying to engage it). Mine sometimes has trouble with that, but I'm not sure that it's not because I don't unconsciously keep my toe/foot pressing on the shift lever and not allowing the shift mechanism to 'reset' or otherwise set itself up for the next gear.
      I've heard that the Suzuki racing shifter replacement kit will really reduce or eliminate this problem?

Comment

Make sure your clutch is adjusted right .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

So a loud clunk from any shift is bad then? I read somewhere on this forum that it's a frequent occurance on Kats?

I know I'm a new rider, so I expect my shifting to be crap.
          "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, Mythbuster

Comment

Sometimes shifting into first makes a clank (usually) , but I NEVER have problems finding first at a stop , or neutral , or ANY shifting problems , and my bike has problems lemme tell ya . I'm telling ya , figure out how to adjust your clutch properly (you listening Jimmy ) and DO so !
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Since your profile says you have a new bike you can pretty much rule out any type of mechanical issue. Normally it just takes some getting used to, finding out how exactly your bike acts and how much you need to push down to get to first and how much to pull up to get to 2nd. The rocking back n forth can do the trick for ya till you get used to it.

Comment

Yah, I figured it was mostly just me being a beginner. But the few times that it has happened since I found that the rocking back and forth trick really works good. Thanks guys!
                "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, Mythbuster

Comment

Working...
                X