• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEVER use a fram oil filter!!!!!!!!!they leak

Comment

Originally posted by rwcreigh
      NEVER use a fram oil filter!!!!!!!!!they leak
      Actually, it can be even worse than that with the Frams. According to an article in the Mechanics section of Rider magazine about two years ago, a GoldWing owner used one on a long trip and had the glue that holds the Fram pleating & end-cap together come undone due to the heat of the oil, then resolidify in his engine that night when the motor cooled down. Total cost: an entire engine.

Oil & filters are the lifeblood of the Kat -- there's simply no reason to scrounge on them...

I sell OEM filters for $8 each. At that price, they're hard to beat price-wise, especially if you order several to knock the shipping down (I charge what priority mail gets -- no mark-up), and they are still the highest-quality filter I've found for the Kats (period).

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

well, i grabbed the OEM filter, the tool, and 5 quarts of Mobil 1 MX4T. should be all set.
        "I am better than dirt..well most kinds of dirt that is. Not that fancy storebought dirt- that stuff is loaded with nutrients. No way I can compete with that stuff..."

Comment

Wish I knew about the Fram filter thing before now. I just put one on. Hopefully no damage has occured.

Comment

Hey Cyber,

Can you ship those filters up to Canada? If so, I would be interested in getting some. I'm due for my 1000km first service and they're charging 460 bucks. I figure I'll learn how to do everything myself and save some money by doing it myself after that first service!

Also, in everyone's opinion. How often should you lube your chain...and how does one lube a chain. Put a little bit on the inside lower?

Cheers,

Meadow
            "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, Mythbuster

Comment

Originally posted by MeadowHawk
              Hey Cyber,

Can you ship those filters up to Canada?
              I ship globally for our members -- any where on the planet they're needed.

As for oiling & cleaning chains, my rule of thumb is oil every gas tank full (add a bit) and whenever you've ridden in the rain, and clean every 600 miles (1000 km) or so... lubing is far more important than cleaning, in my experience.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Awesome! I'll take 50! Heh, well actually more like 2 or 3. I will PM you with the details, or is there a website ordering thing you have set up?

Also, what is the best chain lube to get?

Cheers,

Meadow
                "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, Mythbuster

Comment

Originally posted by MeadowHawk
                  Awesome! I'll take 50! Heh, well actually more like 2 or 3. I will PM you with the details, or is there a website ordering thing you have set up?
                  Simply PM me.

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                  X