CRRAAAAAZY CANUCKS!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRRAAAAAZY CANUCKS!

Ok,

So here's the jist of it. I've only been riding for 3 weeks, I've only been a member of KR for a week, and I've only known about The Dragon's Tail for about 3 days. BUT, I have already made it a motorcycling life goal to ride the tail. It just looks too damn cool.

I was wondering who would be interested in a Canadian run down to the Tail. This isn't something to be taken lightly as it will most likely be a week or two journey. If enough people are interested I am willing to put it together and plan it - logistics, routes, accomdations etc. This will most likely be done next year, if it happens at all.

If held in conjuction with our stateside KR members, I think it would be a great meet & greet vacation.

Now I know there are many a KR member who have the luxury of living in the surrounding area, so they maybe able to help with this epic journey if it indeed gets off the ground.

SO WHOS WITH ME!!!!!
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, Mythbuster

Well I'm up in mid/northern michigan. (which is almost an honorary province of cannuckistan). I'm always looking for interesting things to do. I'd love to meet up with you guys on the route and ride with you guys down.

I'm planning a trip to the dragons tail later this year, i'll be camping the whole time though I think (if gas isn't my biggest expense i'm going to be in trouble, put it that way).

If this does end up materializing down the road, I'd love to catch up with you nutters. Don't we need a cool bike gang name to do something like this though?

Comment

Well myself, Dan Dubeau, Jackal, and 2Fast are already down here this week for the rally .
      Kyle

Comment

Get it right, it's not 2Fast anymore, it's Two Tone, I mean...RedKat.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Well myself, Dan Dubeau, Jackal, and 2Fast are already down here this week for the rally
          Hmmmmm, perhapes we could arrange something for the rally next year....assuming it's an annual thing?

Comment

Oh, rest assured.... it IS an annual event.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
            who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

I'd be in for a trip like that...though I'll be coming from Vancouver. Am thinking about doing a cross country trip in August....still debating as I'm not quite prepared for it !
              ^^; Jane
              PakkeRat - [pak*rat] small little mouse capable of collecting everything and never throwing anything away

Comment

I was planning on going but the project I was working on kept me from going. However, a few of us are tentatively planning to go down in the late summer or early September.
                "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Sounds good.....This year, I think we should head out to sportbike west, and enjoy that weekend.....perhaps plan on hitting the gap next season?

Y'know, with enough planning time and such, it would be pretty easy to get about 8-10 guys from E-town to go down there as a group....and that would be perfect! I'd LOOOOOVE to hit the gap next year - I'm already planning on doing the Keith Code school, but doing both would be insane!
                  FrankenKat 1216
                  GS Fiter 816
                  GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Mojoe and myself will probably head down to Deal's Gap in September and then maybe down to Florida.
                    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I'd be in for a trip like that...though I'll be coming from Vancouver. Am thinking about doing a cross country trip in August....still debating as I'm not quite prepared for it !
                      Yah, I wanted to get an idea of where everyone would be coming from. I think it'll be mostly BC, AB and ON. I think the best plan of attack would be for a group to form in ON and a group to form in AB or SK, meet up south of the border somewhere and carry on from there as a big group.

DooD, if we could get enough interest from ESR we could both pitch it to Froggy as a ESR thing too. Athough it would be more fun as just a Katana club

I'm also thinking of this as a next year thing, as 2 months to plan this sort of thing is a bit short.

Comment

I'll probably sound like the old man here, but PLEASE take a motorcycle safety course! Also, that's a long trip for someone who has only been riding the amount of time you have. It takes a while to learn things about riding other than how to ride a motorcycle.

If you do go, please wear a helmet and don't ride like a maniac.

Best wishes in either case.
                        2006 750 Red/Silver Kat.

Comment

I'll probably sound like the old man here, but PLEASE take a motorcycle safety course! Also, that's a long trip for someone who has only been riding the amount of time you have. It takes a while to learn things about riding other than how to ride a motorcycle.

If you do go, please wear a helmet and don't ride like a maniac.

Best wishes in either case.
                          2006 750 Red/Silver Kat.

Comment

Yah. Those are some good tips. Although I'm not sure there's anything that could make me take my helmet off? And I've already taken a course.

I've been thinking of various ideas. Maybe getting a truck and flat bedding the bikes down, etc. It would be nice to have a cage follow us to carry camping gear and stuff. It's still in it's infancy, still a dream.

Comment

Working...
                            X