X

1992 katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 katana

I have a 1992 katana 600. It says 599 on the jug. I bought the bike a few years ago from a guy and he told me he laid it down and the motor locked up. Anyway he said the guy that built the motor put 750 pistons in it and I just thought he was talking bull. The other day I was riding with a friend and he has a zx12 r. I have never ran my bike top end. We kicked off and my bike got up to about 155 mph in 6th gear at about 10000 rpm's. Is it possible for a 600 to go that fast and can you put 750 pistons in a 600. I read that you can which would make it about 815 cc with the 600 stoke which is more then the 750. I also read that the top speed on a 600 is about 130. Also my speed was verified with my gps and also with the zx12r speedo. Any info would be great

Welcome to Katriders
    No and yes but, very expensive so, probably not.
    FYI the Kat speedo is NOT accurate. 130-135 is max speed on a 600.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by animetim View Post
      I have a 1992 katana 600. It says 599 on the jug. I bought the bike a few years ago from a guy and he told me he laid it down and the motor locked up. Anyway he said the guy that built the motor put 750 pistons in it and I just thought he was talking bull. The other day I was riding with a friend and he has a zx12 r. I have never ran my bike top end. We kicked off and my bike got up to about 155 mph in 6th gear at about 10000 rpm's. Is it possible for a 600 to go that fast and can you put 750 pistons in a 600. I read that you can which would make it about 815 cc with the 600 stoke which is more then the 750. I also read that the top speed on a 600 is about 130. Also my speed was verified with my gps and also with the zx12r speedo. Any info would be great
      It could really have a piston swap if your gps is accurate. The sky is the limit if people are willing to waste money on making there kat go fast.

Im going to have a 1216 big bore engine in my gsx750f, it can be done but its defiantly NOT cheap.
      Last edited by Tekgnome; 12-30-2015, 08:36 PM.
      Tekgnomes Crazy Custom Fighter
      The Screaming Banshee <

Big Bore B12 swapped madness

Comment

There is a very low chance of the swap. There is more involved than just swapping Pistons from a different motor. If I remember right the 750 was a long stroke and the 600 is a short stroke. Jugs are nitrite coated, very expensive to bore and recoat the cylinders.

Who cares what motor you have?
        Last edited by 92xjunker; 12-25-2015, 11:22 AM.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
          Who cares what motor you have?
          It comes in handy to know what you have in order to make the necessary repairs...

Comment

I wasn't responding to the original question. 1216 motor has nothing to do with a stock Kat engine problem...
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Based on personal experience....all kinds of bad shit can happen at speeds over 120mph...........heck.....speeds over 60mph. Save your money and your skin...
              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
              ------------------------------------------
              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders.

Comment

Working...
                X