No announcement yet.
X

Pirelli Diablo Strada's Not so great!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I don't drag my knee but I have scraped the kicks off the ground a good amount and no problems. I'm pretty sure its 34\36psi.

Comment

I gotta say that kid at 16 is killin it!!! Sorry thats so off-topic
      99 Katana 600-Sold
      2007 Kawasaki ZZR 600-my new baby

Comment

it's so wrong that this thread made me horny
        R.I.P. Marc

Comment

Okay, I'm 6'2 205. I'm gonna drop the pressure a bit and see if that helps. But, if not, I'll still say they aren't the tire for me!
          Last edited by cpark_12; 03-25-2009, 11:49 AM.

Comment

add me to the list with Stada's I took them through N. GA Mountains and touched knees several times on my kitty 600 never a slide....

I'd buy them again for sure!!

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

I love my Stradas! Had 'em on my Kat (34f/36r). Loved 'em so much, that was the first purchase when I got my CBR!
              THE DOC
              RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
              Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
              mistake when you make it again.
              sigpic

Comment

Wow , I run 35-36/39-40 on mine . Only time I ever felt them slip was threshold-braking when cold , and when I do something REALLY ham-fisted . But then , I do my best to be as smooth as possible with the inputs ALWAYS , and don't go balls-out all that often .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

okay, i dropped pressure down to 38psi rear and rode up 188 (see map). It felt a little better, but slid again around the 1st hard right in that road. Now, they just paved that road, so i know it wasn't the road being bad, or oil, or sand. I was doing 90 or so. i'll try dropping it a little more and see if that helps, but it ain't looking so well.

oh, here's a link to a map of 188. it's the best road we have down here!

oh, and here's the road i slid on twice the other day.

Last edited by cpark_12; 03-27-2009, 07:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by cpark_12 View Post
                    okay, i dropped pressure down to 38psi rear and rode up 188 (see map). It felt a little better, but slid again around the 1st hard right in that road. Now, they just paved that road, so i know it wasn't the road being bad, or oil, or sand. I was doing 90 or so. i'll try dropping it a little more and see if that helps, but it ain't looking so well.

oh, here's a link to a map of 188. it's the best road we have down here!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...4,0.41851&z=12

oh, and here's the road i slid on twice the other day.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...,0.052314&z=15

38psi in the rear is ok for riding around. If you're going to be hitting the twisties, try dropping the rear to 36 and the front to 35.
                    2007 Honda CBR600rr
                    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                    sigpic

Comment

My bike has michelin pilots on them....and I am totally in love with them. I want to try other tires, but I dont want to waste the money in case they suck hard

of course, since I've never tried other tires I'm a little biased. What do you think about pilots cp?
                      Last edited by LAsunbird86; 04-13-2009, 06:55 PM.

Comment

First off, you don't eliminate much of Michelin's product line when you say Pilot, as they have a close to 10 different tires all sold as Pilots. Secondly, if you are looking for opinions about a tire other than Stradas, you might get the best results from starting a new thread.
                        Pics
                        Pics
                        No pics yet
                        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I've heard nothing but good about those tires... interesting...

Comment

okay, i've went through my pirelli diablo strada rear tire and with 6,500 miles on it, i think i can make an decent review. as i stated in the first post, it slipped. i started with my normal 40 psi, then went to 38, then to 36. it handled okay and was a fairly smooth riding tire. it's definately not the best tire i've ridden, but okay. i can say that i won't be putting another strada on my bike. i know "to each his own", and for some riders it may be the "bees knees", but it's still just not the tire for me. it slid on me a couple times and as it got more miles on it it started cupping. now, i've never had a rear tire cup on me except for a dunlop on one of my cruisers, so i don't know if this is normal for this tire, but i didn't like that. also, the mileage was dissappointing...only 6500! i know i'm not gonna get 10,000 out of a tire, but i got 6000ish out of an Avon Viper Sport rear tire. i do have to say that i've always been an avon fan, but i'm open minded to all tire brands. heck, i have a shinko podium on the rear now just because i wanted to see how it is. i have a set of Michelin Pilot Powers waiting to be put on for the mtns, so i'll review those too. now, i don't want this to be taken as a bash, just an opinion. hope i haven't ruffled too many feathers!

chris

Comment

Huh . Well , I'ma fittinta order up another set of Stradas muhself . Be like my 5th or 6th set prolly . I had Avon AV44/45's several years back . Didn't realize how sucky they was until I got the Pirelli Sport Demons . After that I decided to styick with Pirelli
                              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

LUV my AVONS!! It Never felt better! But in all fairness I like a lil push outta the corners.
                                Joker
                                The newest addition to the Family!
                                sigpic
                                stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Working...
                                X