X

HOW TO PUT BIKE ON CENTERSTAND

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• handle centerstand

:repost I have been picking it up by the engine all this time, so much easier this way...

Comment

• once you know the technique and do it once or twice it's no longer stressful. that first time is all you need help with.
      sigpic

Comment

• Good tip, I must try. I was taking seat off and using right hand on frame (under seat left handle bar and right foot on center stand and lunging backward. was working ok but this has to be better lol
        Every time i sign in i learn something new from the members

Comment

• Awesome thanks so much. Didn't even watch the video just read the first post explaining the left foot and lift with the right hand under the leftside tiedown bar. It didn't even hurt. I have a messed up shoulder that pinches a nerve and sends pain shooting down my arm when I move it the wrong way. When I tried it earlier today I was in excruciating pain afterwards. This time nothing and it was up in less than 20 seconds. I'm sure my neighbours were wondering what I was woohooing about
          Now I can adjust my chain. Thanks guys!!

Comment

• My bike doesn't even have a centerstand..
            Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.
            ~Author Unknown

Comment

• center stand

My bike was lowered by the previous jocky. I've had four back surgeries. The is no way I will ever get it on a center stand. I would like to restore the stock linkage and trade the lowering kit with someone who can use it, but I just hate to be without my bike while I wait for our parts to go back and forth. And there is the whole trust issue. Maybe I will just buy the stock linkage. I really would like to be able to use my center stand.

Comment

• guys/gals... ill admit, i cannot get mine onto stand either..lol i feel like a dummy. ive watcheda bout a dozen videos, even of little ole ladys doing it..hahaha. the other day i broke a sweat and thought i was gonna stroke out...im only 30 and im a pretty active individual.. i got so pissed i about threw the bike on its side! hahaha. man o man.. i dunno wtf im doing wrong. i tried EVERYTHING....everything the vidos and this thread suggested, and still.....no dice. lol guess ill use my sidestand...Screw it!

Comment

• You can always try cutting the centerstand down 1/8 or 1/4 inch and weld small plates onto the legs.

Comment

• i put mine up yesterday for the first time. i'll admit it ain't easy. just use the heel of your foot and put as much downward force on the stand as you can.

Comment

• This method works great, but...

...I've broken the frame of a ventura-rack that used to be on the bike trying to lift under the seat.

After putting both centre-stand feet down, and standing on the lever with me left heel, I hold the near handlebar in my left hand, and grab the passenger grab-bar behind the seat with my right hand, then lift across my body as described. The bike pops right up.

If my top-box is loaded, I may need to pull a little with my left hand as well as my right to complete the lift, but I try not to use the centre-stand when the bike has any load strapped on.

My bike weighs about three times what I do, and I don't have any trouble with this method. Great description; I just thought I'd include my minor adjustment.
                      High-velocity Geek

'06 GSX750F

Comment

• Still can't figure it out... I swear this is harder than it sounds

Comment

• Hey man, thanks for tips. It is gonna be excited.

Comment

• Great procedure! I was trying to do this while on the bike and was getting nowhere fast

Comment

Working...
                            X