X

82 Seat dirt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82 Seat dirt

Is there any product i can spray on the seat to protect the fabric, the swuedey type stuff, from dirt? it just seems to soak up dirt even when parked in the garage.

Try to clean it really good with something like Blue Coral Dri-Clean foam and a microfiber towel, then give it some Scotch Guard. Ive never had one of those seats, but if its the material that Im thinking of, theres not much more you can do.
    If it aint broke fix it till it is

Comment

Aerosol contact cleaner. That's what the guys at the Suzuki shop told me years ago.
      It did work, but I have no idea which brand it was. Plus, I haven't cleaned the seat on the Katana in years other than soapy water when I would wash the whole bike.

Comment

Originally posted by johnod View Post
        Is there any product i can spray on the seat to protect the fabric, the swuedey type stuff, from dirt? it just seems to soak up dirt even when parked in the garage.
        Hi Johnod, your right this material is a magnet for dirt and grime even standing still. To clean my 82 Kat seat with the same material I do this:

a) take the seat off the bike and wet it with water from the garden hose,

b) apply laundry liquid pre-wash stain remover and scrub the whole seat
        with a small nylon brush so you don't end up with un-even clean
        patches,

c) hose off the seat and scrub again, no need to apply stain remover as
        there will still be some left in the material, hose off the seat again,

d) if more cleaning is needed I make up a paste using a non-caustic
        laundry powder and again using the same nylon brush scrub the whole
        seat

e) throughly rinse off the seat with the garden hose,

f) leave the seat to dry in the shade.

I have used this method to clean my Kat seat for 25 years and I am very happy with the results, cheers.
        82 GSX1100SXZ Wire Wheel Katana
        Badjezz, we don need noh stinken badjezz!

Comment

Working...
        X