X

Good Ventilated Helmet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Ventilated Helmet?

I'm looking for a new helmet. I've had my HJC one for years, heck since I took my MSF class. I find that it doesn't provide adequate ventialtion and I feel like I am sweating off pounds while wearing my lid.

PA does have a no helmet law but I like to wear one while going on long rides and commuting to work.

So my question is does anyone have any recommendation on a good ventilated helmet?

I have an Arai Corsair and love it! As long as I'm moving I get plenty of air. A little pricey though, but well worth it IMO.
    -Stephen

the future's uncertain, and the end is always near - The Doors

Comment

Originally posted by stb000013
      I have an Arai Corsair and love it! As long as I'm moving I get plenty of air. A little pricey though, but well worth it IMO.
      +1

I'm also in Florida and it gets pretty damn hot down here in the summer so a well ventilated helmet is a must. The Arai is also the lightest of all the helmets I have so that's a plus. Additionally, I like being able to take out the liner for cleaning since you're still gonna sweat no matter what. The only thing I used to notice is that it seems to be a little more noisy than my other helmets, but now that I wear hearing protection it's a non-issue. Biggest downside of this helmet is price, but I got mine as a closeout at a local bike shop. One of the benefits of wearing a size medium
      ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

If you want the order of helmets it would go like this Arai, Shoei, then in no order KBC, AGV, HJC, etc.... I have a KBC Force RR Airborne 2 War Bird. It has like 8 vents on it. I do not notice to much wind noise but then again I wear ear plugs. It is light and comfrotable helmet at an affordable price. Just so you know KBC has been around for years behind the scenes of other helemts. Everyone has heard of FOX right? They make Fox, Thor, Oneal, Yamaha, Kawaski, Suzuki, and Harley Davidson helmets. That is the list right from their site. I mean Matt Maladin trust his head to their helmet. As for the KBC line get the Tk-8 style or above. As for HJC they have a sweet Carbon fiber helmet now and their new line is pretty nice and light as well. I have not heard any bad things about the new HJC helmets. The one thing you should do is try on as many different helmets you can to get the best fitting helmet for your head. Every helmet is made differently and you will see that.
        www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I had a HJC CL-14. It had great venting, but I ithnk that was part of the reason that it was loud. Currently I have a Shoei TZ-1. I am happy with it although it is not was well vented as the HJC.

Comment

I think that the AGV Demon Vent Top 2 is a great helmet... And I JUST happen to have a brand new, un-worn one for sale!!

Comment

My HJC Sy-Max vents pretty well too. Plus you can open the visor or face shield at stops without taking it off. So far so good.
              MikeG
              Central Oregon
              2006 Suzuki GSX600F
              (That's a Katana for non-insurance-agent people!)

Comment

I have an ICON alliance helmet and i really like it. there is very little noise when the top vent is open. i think they discontinued the alliance but the mainframe is very similar if not better.
                THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT!!!!!!!

Comment

How long have you had your HJC ? From the research I did on them recently while looking for a new affordable helmet for myself I found that the new HJC's are much better vented, lighter, and more comfortable than previous models.

My CL 15 Session helmet from HJC is very nice and the moisture wicking material helps keep my head cool and dry.

Comment

I have a icon mainframe and when I'm riding, I can feel the air circulating between the shield and my face. But I admit that there is fog that appera when I stop....

Comment

I love my Icon Halo Mainframe. It keeps me cool in the summer.

Comment

I have an Arai and love it. Very light and 7 adjustable vents.

Comment

+1 Icon Mainframe
                          05 GSX-600
                          89 zx750r
                          04 Honda TRX-450

Comment

Working...
                          X