X

Help me Choose a helmet, HJC, Zox, THH

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me Choose a helmet, HJC, Zox, THH

I came across a Yellow/black HJC CL-15 for 109 + tax. Didn't buy it yet, but wanted to get your opinions on ZOX and THH. Here are the links to ebay to the ones I'm looking at:

I didnt want to spend to much, but my gut is telling me to go with HJC.

Thanks

Well, I don't know anything about these particular brands, but have you tried these brands on in a local shop yet?

Sizes really vary between brands (i.e., Medium HJC may fit very differently from a Medium Zox or THH).

If you haven't tried on the other brands you really should before buying, particularly on eBay. You don't want a helmet that doesn't fit correctly / comfortably.

Good luck!
    ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

DO NOT BUY THE THH helmet. THEY SUCK. I use to sell those and would only use them as a last resort option. Go with the HJC out of the 3 you mentioned. I have not heard of the ZOX brand. Remeber it is your head not ours.
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I would check for a Cycle Gear stor in your area, For $110 plus tax I got a New KBC TK-77.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I sense someone posting about a AGV helmet and a XXL Joe Rocket jacket coming soon.

Comment

I love my HJC Sy-Max, but I noticed they run a little smaller than other helmets. I wear a large in Bell, but an XL with HJC.
            MikeG
            Central Oregon
            2006 Suzuki GSX600F
            (That's a Katana for non-insurance-agent people!)

Comment

Honestly, I wouldn't put any of those on my head...
              ...except the HJC, race series.

I'd look at Soumy, Arai and Shark.

Just my opinion, but when you have examples right in your hands to look at, well theres no comparisn.
              "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

I have heard lots of good reviews about the scorpion helmets. www.scorpionusa.com
                check them out. Everyone I heard talk about them compare them to shoe and arei for way cheaper.
                Roops Photography|facebook|
                03 GSXR 1000
                04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
                Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

I've decided to go with an HJC CL-SP Osiris Yellow/black. Seem to have found em $139.

I am a new rider so budget is a little bit of an issue but doing some research is yielding this helmet better than the CL-15.

I'll stay from the no name stuff. Scorpion's didnt feel right on my head. Medium too tight on the cheeks. Large not snug enough.

Thanks for all your input. It did help.

Comment

I couldnt be happier with my HJC CL15 . Safe, comfortable and looks way cool to boot. Got it from newenough at a great price.

Comment

What ever happened to the HJC investigation that was going on...are they once again clear for track use??

'89 Toyota Supra Targa N/A
                      '90 Supra Turbo- mods in profile
                      '96 Kat 750-mods in profile--SOLD!!
                      '96 Honda CBR900rr -- I go outside and hump it at night.
                      '02 Honda CBR954rr -- Red, 'cause it's faster!

Comment

+1 for the HJC CL-SP.

my only beef is that the visor 'lock' broke off mine, i need a new visor, but it works for now.

the large is too big for my head i found out. will be looking for a medium in the future.

Comment

I am a big fan of KBC myself, and ya read up on that HJC shennanigans.

Comment

Working...
                          X