X

Good sunglasses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good sunglasses

can you guys recommend good sunglasses to wear under my helmet? as summer is getting closer the glare is getting stronger!.

Well your best bet is to get a tinted visor for your helmet...carry around a clear one it you end up staying out late...now I have Black Fly's Micro Fly's and they fit great under my helmet...The other one I've heard are great are the Oakley 5's...
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

If you have some extra money laying around I would recommend Ray Ban style RB3179. I have them and they slide onto your ears very nicely and they are polarized. They will run you about $150 though but in my opinion a good pair of sunglasses are worth it.

Comment

Whatever you get, make sure they are shatter resistant/proof. Don't want them breaking inside your hemlet if you fall hard enough.
        Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
        -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
        -Terence

Comment

i ride with oakley gascan polarized because i dont really like riding around with an extra visor all the time.

Comment

cheapest i can find from the gas station. I only like the frameless ones for wearing under my helmet.

Comment

I'll probably sound flip and irresponsible, but since inside the helmet space is not really an issue, I buy the rhinestone shades or cheap sunglasses. Actually, I have a tendency to ride off with them hanging from my top buttoned button, and get home without them. I've done this so many times that I almost intend to lose them, so I go cheap. Not necessarily rhinestone. And with a full faced, modular helmet, I'm not worried about them breaking. I'd feel differently if I had an open faced helmet. And if I carried an extra clear visor around, it would be scratched within a week.
              Cheap sunglasses; it's what really knocks them out.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

+1 what Zuma said.

Unless you're like me and need prescription glasses. But I even cheaped out on those.

For me, the cheaper the better. You can get some great UV blockers from the locat pump and go.
                This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

I know a friend of a friend took a shattered lens to the eye from non-shatter proof glasses. He now has 1 eye. I bought a pair of glasses from a MC shop that are gray with yellow lenses. Also, they have foam around the eye pieces that butt up to your face so wind doesn't get in there. They look corny, but my eyes water when the allergens are floating around.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by Xanthinic12 View Post
                    i ride with oakley gascan polarized because i dont really like riding around with an extra visor all the time.

Comment

Oakley Half-Jacket or Half-jacket XLJ. They have sticks for ear pieces so the slide right in after you have your helmet on. They are shatterproof and have removable lenses. If they get bad scratches you can just replace the lense and not the whole pair. I have 2 pairs with 4 sets of lenses. A bit pricy but well worth the money.

Comment

I have Oakley 5's with blue polarized lenses. Love 'em. The best part about Oakley's, although they are expensive, you tend to take better care of them since you just dropped $120 or so on them. I've had mine for quite some time now, better part of five years at least....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Maui Jim's. My wife turned me on to these. They are absolutely the darkest shading you can get, which really helps me because I get migranes from the sun really easily.
                          -
                          -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Prescription sunglasses for me. I had a pair of Oakley Spikes but the curvature needed for my prescription wouldn't fit the frames so the lenses kept popping out. I traded those in for so damn nice Maui Jims. Now I liked the Oakleys because of the polarization and the wrap giving me peripheral vision with my prescription lens. The Maui Jims can't do that though they do have a darn nice polarization that I highly recommend on any sunglasses.

Oh, and while you are thinking about it, be sure to get something that wraps your face or has a thin arm. Peripheral (side) vision can save your life when someone pulls out or up next to you.

Comment

I have Oakley Minutes. Yes, they are old school, but I love them, and they fit nicely inside a helmet.

I personally don't like tinted visors because I can't fit a clear one under the seat. and sometimes I may get caught out late, and besides it being illegal, i think, to ride with a tinted visor at night. You can't see a DAMN thing. So it's either ride with visor down and hope that everyones head/brake lights are working, or ride with it up and hope the bugs decide to stay out of your path....
                              Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                              18v Rigid Drill
                              Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
                              New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Working...
                              X