Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• teknic suit failure

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

That's crazy. You'll have to be sure to let us know if he gets a response from Teknic.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Dang, that's a horrendous crash!
        Wonder how much better any suit would have done...

(Maybe it's just me, but I think he's underestimated the damage...)
        Last edited by Dee Dub; 04-14-2008, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Did he say how fast he was going???
          -Marty (Red)

sigpic

BANGERANG RUFIO!

Comment

Thats <$1000 in repairs !!! wow... Too bad about the suit, thats crazy the stitching came undone at the corners there. Hopefully the company will do something about it.

Comment

his swollen knee looks like mine did after I detroyed my ACL.

I think smebody will be in need of some repairs internally!

Comment

Ouch.

Comment

if that guy could fix that bike for sub $1000 he is buying hot parts, or he has a great supplier and should start selling the to others.

that is crazy the suit came apart, but there are alot of forces playing into there. Looks like it fails between the leather and the softer material in the knee area. It is hard to join those two types of material, but then again they are in the business of protection, so they should figure it out.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Here's to a speedy recovery! I highsided at 65 mph last fall on my Kat 750, but I was wearing leathers (chaps) from Wilson's. The knee stitching gave way on the inside of the right leg and left a hole, but with Levi 501s underneath, I came up without a scratch. Of course no two falls are the same. I tumbled sideways in a fetal position for seven tumbles; I counted the tumbles.

Seems like you would have been better protected with your gear than I was. My ankles received bad sprains, but I was off crutches in ten days and back on the bike thirty minutes after dropping the crutches. I'm still surprised my $110 leathers protected me better than your suit protected you. Get well and get back on.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Working...
                    X