X

(pics) Cortech Sport Tail/Saddle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (pics) Cortech Sport Tail/Saddle

I'm about to purchase the entire set....any thoughts? other suggestions?

The whole set costs 160 (including shipping). It'd be in black too.

One more bump

Comment

I've been thinking about getting a set of these too. They look like they should hold up well...
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

i have the tail bag and love it i would love to get the side bags also

Comment

good to hear...

Comment

I know a guy that has all of them and loves them , he has also made metal brackets so that they don't comform to the shape of the bike and thus hold more.
            97 Katana 600 F

Comment

did you buy them?

Comment

Yes! I will post pictures, and will write em up once I go on my trip over Labor Day weekend.

Comment

cant wait to see on your bike

Comment

I posted some pics on my Kat in another thread not long ago. I didn't show it with the top bag. I bought my bags for a lot less at MotoDepot.com (using MotoDepot as the promo code).

I only use the center bag to carry my laptop because it's a little too big for the side bags. The problem with the top bag on, it takes a little practice to get on and off the bike because it sits so high.

CortTech / Tourmaster quality is phenomenal though. I also have three of their armored jackets.
                    MikeG
                    Central Oregon
                    2006 Suzuki GSX600F
                    (That's a Katana for non-insurance-agent people!)

Comment

does it strap over or under the seat? would you be able to ride 2 up with the side bags on?

Comment

Any Experience w/ Cortech Sport Tail/Saddle?

I have just purchased the saddle bags. They strap over the seat and are tied down from the turn signal stalks and the rear peg mounts. They come with the water proof bags to cover in inclimate weather. Seem to be the perfect size if your not overloading them. Tour Master recommends 10lbs per but can see more if ressonable. Could get a 12 pack in each.
                        I have a rear fender eliminator kit, so there is just no room on the turn signal stalks to tie down. So, I linked the 2 straps together, (2 per side) and tied to the peg mounts. Works good, looks even better. Go ahead and spring for 'em. You should be highly satisfied!

Also....the direction you mount the bags should accomodate 2 up riding, but don't see it as being so comfortable for your passenger since they would be seated right on top of the mounting.
                        It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

can someone see if it is possible to run the straps under the seat?

Comment

I have a set of the nelson rigg sport bags saddle bags. i like them. combine them with a tail pack and that's plently of room for a weekend trip. I have them on a '93 1100

Comment

OMG. They are sweet...will have pics soon.

And I don't think they can be mounted underneath the seat, since the only thing holding them on are the top straps.

Comment

Working...
                              X