X

What can I sell my bike for?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can I sell my bike for?

I hate to even think about it, but I may have to sell the Kat. I love the bike, and I love riding but I'm having some lower back problems and leaning over the Kat seems to really make it worse. I guess I may have to move to a cruiser bike, but as long as I can ride, it'll be o.k.
    Anyways, it's an 05 Kat 600 with 1300 miles. Never wrecked/laid over and the only mod is a smoked windscreen (if you can consider it a mod).

Any advice would be great.
    > Vince <

05 Katana 600
    97 Mustang GT
    95 GMC K2500 4x4

A cruiser is worst on you're back. It's you're riding posture that needs to go. Rethink how you sit on you're bike. If it's a pain on a sport bike it's going to be worse on a cruiser. Or maybe look into a standard. However you look at.
    2001 Suzuki Katana 750 - Black

Comment

Re: What can I sell my bike for?

Originally posted by vdaily89

Any advice would be great.
      Well, as a guy who's had a host of back problems and surgey, I suggest you get a good chiropractor/physiotherapist, get on the internet- look at the back pain sites, and start working on your back. Don't give up the things you love, or you'll be giving up more and more as you get older. Fight.
      Peace,
      Erik Y.
      "Live your own life, for you will die your own death" Roman proverb

Comment

look for taller handlebars...

Comment

Its all arm strength my man....I have two compression fractures in my back,hurts once in a while but ,try taking up the slack in your arms...work out a,little,maybe curls or something of the like to build up your arm strength..I'm not saying getting huge or anything,but you buy a cruiser the only thing thats gonna get big is your gut!!lol...Keep the Kat it looks real nice..with only 1300 miles on it you have alot to go.....

Comment

Thanks guys. I've worked on my riding position a lot to try & not put pressure on my wrists. Balls of my feet on the pegs, knees against the tank and supporting myself with abdomen/lower back. I'm all ears for a more comfortable/better position. As far as strength goes, that's not a problem. I work out 4-5 days a week and have been doing this for a long time. I promise you arm strenght isn't an issue. Believe me, I want to keep it. I love it, so I'll do anything to work this out. If it means a little pain when I get off the bike, so be it I guess. I'll never quit riding motorcycles.
            > Vince <

05 Katana 600
            97 Mustang GT
            95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

My suggestion is to change seats/saddles ASAP, and consider taking up Tai Chi. If you are going to the rally, you can slap my Corbin saddle on the bike for a test ride to see if it helps you.

I do get the suspicion you're either quite short, have too tall a windshield or aren't sitting right -- at speeds of 45 mph and above, the windblast to your chest should be unloading your wrists.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yes I'm short (5'8") with short legs. Maybe I've worded this wrong, if so I apologize. My back problems aren't caused from riding. It's just that when I get off the bike it seems to have aggravated the already existing condition. I've been thinking about a Corbin for a while now so I may just go ahead and get one. I'll keep playing with riding position until I find something that works.
                > Vince <

05 Katana 600
                97 Mustang GT
                95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Dee Dub
                  That looks really good. If I do that and changet to a Corbin, that should make quite a difference in position/comfort. How difficult was the install on the LSL riser kit? I know he said 4 hours, just wondering what all would be involved.
                  > Vince <

05 Katana 600
                  97 Mustang GT
                  95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

Working...
                  X