X

Float Height Adjust Help Needed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Float Height Adjust Help Needed

OK, I'm maybe reading more into it than is really there but I understand that for my 99 600, float height is suposed to be 13.0 +/- .5 mm. I set them at 13 and then I turned the carbs right side up and blew throught the fuel inlet and it is really hard. It seems that the float and the seats are still seated, even with the float moving (very little travel).

Can some one show me (pictures or step-by-step) how they do the measurements on the float height and what theirs look like when they are set correctly (side pic of carb)? I used the service manual to set them, but I feel that they are not correct. The float has a lip around the float and a beveled top, do I measure (evenly with the main jet) from the lip or the beveled top to the carb body? Are the float seams parallel with the carb body? How do I make sure the carbs are not stuck before ruining my $50 oil change?

Before you start, Yes I cleaned the carbs throughly and made sure the seats are not stuck seated. When I turn the carbs upright with the floats off, the seat pins fall out freely so they are not sticking.
    An Ole man once said:"It is better to be thought a fool because of silence, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt"

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
      http://771doug.netfirms.com/float.html

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Been there, done that and now I'm at this point, 771doug is not much help for my problem originally stated.
      An Ole man once said:"It is better to be thought a fool because of silence, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt"

Comment

calm down and have a drink, mike!

Man I told you to call me and we'd get it to my house and get it fixed!
        Joshua

Comment

Just waitin on the weather, all I need is to get my rear pads, install the pads, tires, finish the gas tank, install the carbs, then sync the carbs, install the chain, change the fork oil, the insurance, tags, AND take the driving part of the test or find a riders course that is cheap.

Not much

Comment

Working...
          X