X

Great article on Gear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great article on Gear

Hey everyone, head over to the link above and have a good read. It is an article from one of the motorcycling bodies over here in Oz about gear and what is really needed.

Explains clearly and with no brand favoritism (none mentioned at all in anything I read) about how and why to choose gear. It also explains injury levels in quite good detail.

Do you want to know how much not having boots compares to having boots in foot related injuries? Then read about boots. Same goes for the other parts. It just advises on what to look for and why.

Think jeans are good? Demin only lasts 0.6 seconds while sliding down a road, so think again.

I haven't finished reading it, but looks like good info so far.
    fulcrum (aka David)
    Blue 2004 GSX750F
    Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.--Isaac Asimov
    If you can keep your head, while all around you are losing theirs, then you probably aren't grasping the situation

Crash virginity lost: March 6th 2005

Great link...

One quote from there:
    A German study of motorcycle crash casualties, found that riders wearing protective clothing spent less time in hospital, and returned to work on average 20 days earlier, than those who were not protected. The protected riders were also 40% less likely to have suffered a permanent physical defect. The authors concluded that protective clothing was significantly effective in preventing or reducing at least 43% of injuries to the skin and soft tissue and 63% of deep and extensive injuries (Schuller, 1986).

This is strictly among riders who always wear helmets and are some of the best trained drivers in the world -- comparing only the quality of the clothing worn.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

That's great fulcrum, thanks for posting, very informative read.
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Thats a great read buddy! I see WAY to many people wearing no gear where I live...
        Always keep your head up

Matt

Comment

I'm glad people are liking the post.

I would've posted it much sooner, but I didn't know about it then, so the post would've been rather meaningless. Sorta like this one.
          fulcrum (aka David)
          Blue 2004 GSX750F
          Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.--Isaac Asimov
          If you can keep your head, while all around you are losing theirs, then you probably aren't grasping the situation

Crash virginity lost: March 6th 2005

Comment

Comment

Fantastic read!
              sigpic

Comment

Great read !!! Always nice to see an unbiased opinion..not based on who's sending the magazine the check that month!!

Comment

Working...
                X