No announcement yet.
X

Welcome

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well....I'm KOOL in South Jersey too...I am also starting to collect a few bikes.....

1978-1/2 74" FXS AMF Shovelhead with a 2004 Crane Cams single fire ignition, solid rear wheel, '72 FL front end 4" under, progressive rear shocks, mini ape's, chrome grips etc...etc...

2004 KTM 200 EXC (2T) fresh bottom end, top end, clutch basket, tires etc...etc...

2004 KTM 525 EXC (4T) Street legal

2003 Polaris 600 Classic snowmobile

2002 Yamaha TTR-90 (daughters ride)

Why can I NOT post any pictures???
    2004 KTM 525 EXC
    2004 KTM 200 EXC
    1990 Suzuki GSX600F
    1978-1/2 AMF/H-D Low Rider 1200

Comment

I'll jum on this bandwagon.

2007 gsxr 750. 22k miles. Full exhaust, power commander

1981 gs550t project bike. Really, it's to the point that it just needs carbs finished and a battery

Just picked up an 81 Yamaha maxim 550 for 150 that I'm hoping to have finished, running, and sold before the end of the riding season
      My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
      2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Kat was sold since I ride more in bumper to bumper traffic that need water-cooled bikes..

Ninja 250 works best for nimble, lightweight to go between car mirrors when traffic is standstill..

but Burgman 650 save lots of hand strength, just twist-n-go and lots of underseat storage.

For spirited type riding, I'm a Honda guy now:

Comment

I have heard only excellent things about the Ninja 250 for years now.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Does mine count? It's not really a kat anymore. Jk, it's still a kat underneath all the GSXR stuff..
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
              I have heard only excellent things about the Ninja 250 for years now.
              Here's a ADVRider thread from ages ago, when Ninja 250 was ridden from TX to Argentina.. 2-up.

I like the old generation Ninja 250's.

1. Cheap to purchase, usually under $1K, mine current one is a 04 model, purchased back in 2013 with 6k miles on it, $850, now it has over 23k mi.

2. Cheap to insure, $35 for liability for the whole year.

3. Cheap to get used parts and plenty available.

4. Good fuel economy, easily get 60-70 mpg, even reving at 10k rpm or above, at sustained highway speed (75+mph).

5. Cheap consumables, tires/chain/sprockets/brake pads/oil filter all are slightly less expensive than most modern Ninja 250 or 300s. Though 16" tires don't have nearly as much choices vs the 17" on newer models.

If you can live with the stigma of riding a small displacement engine and live with reving above 7k rpm for any decent power output; these older Ninja 250s are just about all the bike you need in a busy traffic pattern city living.
              Being water-cooled really makes bumper-to-bumper traffic much less threatening vs the Kat.

Comment

Kat doesn't get much use anymore. This started as a project but I fell in love with it. 2000 CBR F4 with a 2005 GSXR 750 motor swap. Other than the GSXR gauge there really isn't anything noticeable to most people. Honda guys get pissed when I call it a CBR 750. lol

Comment

heres a customers ride. New rear end, billet axel carrier, new mikuni carb with accelerator pump, new foot pegs, pivot works swing arm and a arm bearings. All balls wheel bearings, wiseco clutch kit, d.i.d chain.... this thing is getting the works. He is about 385 so the suspention is set where i can run and jump on it and it wont even move lol. This thing is cool. Oh yeah and i did a vaccum system delete on it. Think its the first one ever on the ltz 400
                  Last edited by Mrontime; 08-09-2017, 09:59 AM.
                  We may not always win the game, but we never lose the party.

Comment

so a 2010 kawasaki ninja 650R just fell into my lap for a grand with a clear title, running motor and a bent set of forks and various other damage..... its a pretty cool looking bike even all wrecked.... pretty sure im gonna grab it.
                    Last edited by Mrontime; 08-09-2017, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrontime View Post
                      so a 2010 kawasaki ninja 650R just fell into my lap for a grand with a clear title, running motor and a bent set of forks and various other damage..... its a pretty cool looking bike even all wrecked.... pretty sure im gonna grab it.
                      That's a nice deal if everything checks out. Looks like a pretty hard hit so make sure you check frame welds and motor mounts for cracks.

Comment

Thats the pretty side, im gonna check it out in person this week, any paint flaking or advanced tweaking and im gonna hard pass on it, but he said the motor is leak free and runs soooo....

Comment

just brought her home, 2010 kawasaki Er6n. 1235 miles needs new forks and fairing. Paid a grand even.... think im gonna have to find a set of zx6r forks

Comment

Will wonders ever cease. The original kat 1100 forks are the same diameter as the bent kawasaki forks. The bike that keeps on giving

Comment

just rode it thanks to the 1100 kat

Comment

Originally posted by Mrontime View Post
                                just rode it thanks to the 1100 kat
                                Nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X