X

Dumb question...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb question...

So my bike wont start, then it will start for a minute but only go up to about 5000rpm and wont idle without dying. I took off the gas tank to check the fuel delivery (gas, air, spark) and gas was free flowing out of my petcock. this is my first bike and I am doing a rebuild of it so I am not sure how they are supposed to work. Is this bad? I would think that too much fuel COULD cause my problem. Do I need to replace the petcock? Sorry for the long thread. Thanks for the help.

Rebuild the petcock. Fuel should only flow in PRIME or when the bike is running.

Comment

hey bro if u need help let me ]
      know heres my number 8086200191ask john
      ]if you wanna play then pay later!!
      sigpic

Comment

thanks guys, i think im just going to buy a new one...but that could cause my problem right?

Comment

no bro! try check ur gas needles they might get stuck when floater close it inside the carbs! pitcock is not a problem check the carbs! cuz u think its flowing but its not trust me,my bike was ugly b4 i bought it 200$ cuz it look like **** man! so i make her beautiful like they others!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Katana808 View Post
            no bro! try check ur gas needles they might get stuck when floater close it inside the carbs! pitcock is not a problem check the carbs! cuz u think its flowing but its not trust me,my bike was ugly b4 i bought it 200$ cuz it look like **** man! so i make her beautiful like they others!
            Bro, stop giving craptastic advice, bro!

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              Bro, stop giving craptastic advice, bro!
              hey ufa kefe!!!yeah you!! well my bike was like that so yah!! man what wrong with you?
              sigpic

Comment

i had it disconnected from the carbs, checked it right out of the petcock...and it was free flowing nonstop in all positions.

Comment

Originally posted by Katana808 View Post
                  hey ufa kefe!!!yeah you!! well my bike was like that so yah!! man what wrong with you?
                  You don't know your head from your ***, that's what's wrong with you. Yes, his petcock needs rebuilt. The carbs may be fine, fix the petcock first.

Comment

okay
                    sigpic

Comment

arsenic, your posts crack me up.

As redkat was saying:

The petcock has three different positions, Reserve - pointing towards the front end of the bike, On - pointing down, and Prime - pointing towards the rear.
                      Fuel should only flow from the prime position without vacuum being applied to the petcock, (engine running). Rebuild kits are cheap, about 30 bucks.
                      For more info - search. oh wait, here i found it.

Damn, too late!

Comment

Petcock won't cause those symptoms. Sounds like a big vacuum leak to me.
                        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

big vacuum leak?? so flooding out the carbs wont cause the bike not to start?....shucks...where do i look for the vacuum leak????

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                            Petcock won't cause those symptoms. Sounds like a big vacuum leak to me.
                            I'm with you, there are other things at play. HOWEVER, you know the petcock is bad. Fix that first than start troubleshooting other things.

Comment

will do...thanksfor the help, ill keep yall posted...

Comment

Working...
                              X