X

New Mod: 93 GSXR Headlight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mod: 93 GSXR Headlight

I really like the look of Mreed's dual GSXR headlight set up on his Chrome Project and I wanted something similiar for my Kat. I couldnt do the same thing as him because that would be lame.

I always liked the lens on the early 90's Gsxr so I picked up a 1993 1100 headlight and went to work. Basically the headlight didnt fit at all... so I took the lens off, cut out about 4 inches and the housing and glued it back together. After cutting off the bottom of the headlight stay and trimming this and that, it was done. Two days later and this is what I came up with.

The best part: Dual 55w HID's.
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by arsenic
    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

thats pretty cool. all im saying is i would drive it
    time to nut up or shut up
    Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
    The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

I want to do something similar with mine someday, basically for the improved lighting option. How much did you actually hack off the headlight and where abouts from?

Comment

thats pretty nice work. Looks good
        Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
        '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

Chrome Project Part 1
          http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfe_UK View Post
            I want to do something similar with mine someday, basically for the improved lighting option. How much did you actually hack off the headlight and where abouts from?
            Basically everywhere. I had to take the lens off and the internal trim, then cut out about 4inches of the width. The glass lens is originally angled at about 60 degrees compared to the headlights, but when I got done they were parrallel.
            Originally posted by arsenic
            93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Very slick man, good job. I see a similar mod for my 1100 in the near future.
              1990 GSXF 1100
              2011 KLR 650

Comment

Thats a very slick set up I have seen lots of them were i live they look sweet! NICE WORK.

Comment

HIDs? What brand did you use for the ballast and all that? I want to do the same sort of thing, just with two different sized lights. Probably end up looking horrible, but it is what I envision at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
                    Basically everywhere. I had to take the lens off and the internal trim, then cut out about 4inches of the width. The glass lens is originally angled at about 60 degrees compared to the headlights, but when I got done they were parrallel.
                    How does the change of angle affect the refraction?

Comment

Looks Great Hemi!!!!
                      But in the pic in the dark it kinda looks like "Sad Eyes"..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Working...
                      X