Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

How many bought a Kat because it was a Kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I was just looking for something. The $400 price is what made me get it.
    Katie - 91 Kat 600, 98 Bandit 600 engine, Ivan Jet Kit, Ignition Advancer, Gsxr 750 header, Delkevic slip on, Veypor computer.

Comment

My 95 GSXF I bought because it was down the street and the price was right (guy was moving). My 82 I bought purely because it was a katana.

Comment

It was a love at first sight thing for me. There she was, lookin' all sad and neglected, in pieces, carbs dorked and tank full of crap. It was like finding a sick kitten....
        "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

i bought it because i went to all the dang shops in town, and NO salesmen talked to me... finally, the last shop i went to, John offered me some service, and i decided i was going to buy from him... he showed me everything he had, and the kat fell in my price-range.... and it was the bike i was most comfortable on.
          worked out quite well =)
          the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
          # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
          [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

I found a guy that had a bike he didn't use, and I had a rifle he wanted.

so we swapped.

I took one look at the bike and said YES.

also glad I got a kat, aside form having a good bike.... look at all the great people I've met here

See My Garage for mods...
            T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
            Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

A friend showed me craiglist ad for a Kat and told me that I should get it... I went out and got it on a whim! LOL. No regrets. Kat is my first bike to learn how to ride on I rocked on it.
              I didn't know much about bikes at all. I learned about my Kat right after I heard about this site from another friend who has a Kat as well.
              '98 Suzuki GSX600 Katana

Comment

Originally posted by kat_kitten View Post
                , John offered me some service, and i decided i was going to buy from him... he showed me everything he had,

You should never have any trouble getting serviced

I had multiple reasons
                Not a SS , I dont fit so well
                Cheaper insurance
                A 750 was my minimum CC requirement
                Purchase price was reasonable
                Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Not on purpose i was looking for something sportier than my old Yamaha and when i found it (actually 2 bikes allmost) and i was able to talk the guy down to 200 bucks i couldnt pass on it so month and a half later an 3/4 of a mile of riding it and a ton of work i am loving it.
                  1990 kat 600 sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayBell View Post
                    look at all the great people I've met here
                    brown-noser =p
                    the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
                    # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
                    [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

I saw a Kat first-hand after getting back into bikes (20 year absence) with an '83 GSX750ES and it was an inspirational moment for me. I went with a Suz Marauder though for 6 months, then found a Kat 600 and bought it new off the showroom floor. I bought my 750 the same way a year later.

I bought the Kats because they were both exactly what I wanted on looks alone. I didn't bother to compare anything else.

So I got Kats because they were Kats.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Well, I guess I am the odd man out.

I decided that I wanted to get a bike, so I took the written test and got my permit. Then signed up for the MSF course. I had been thinking about buying a coworker's bike, but then figured I should do some research. From what I found, I decided I didn't want an SS bike, but I still wanted something sporty and fun. The dealership still had a leftover 06 Kat with 3 miles on it, so I did a lot more research. I ended up deciding that the Kat really was the perfect bike for me to start on. I've had it over a year now, and I have loved every moment of it.

I have not thought about upgrading to a bigger bike, or a faster/lighter bike. I have, however, considered the possibility of getting a cheap beater SS bike to take to the track for track days. Heh, if only I had the money.

I've upgraded the suspension on my bike, in no small part due to Tmod (Thanks again!!) Since I did that, I've rented a couple BMW sport touring bikes to ride with my Dad in Cali. And in all seriousness, those $15,000 bikes don't even compare to the comfort, rideability, responsiveness, and fun-factor that the Kat has. What those bikes had were electric windshields, and heated seats which were too smooth that made you want to keep slipping backwards.

To me, the Kat is the perfect all around bike, and an awesome bike to start with.

Comment

Originally posted by JayBell View Post
                          I found a guy that had a bike he didn't use, and I had a rifle he wanted.

so we swapped.

I took one look at the bike and said YES.

also glad I got a kat, aside form having a good bike.... look at all the great people I've met here
                          I think thats the nicest thing Ive ever heard you say Jay. Have been drinking?
                          Originally posted by arsenic
                          93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

got the first one as a trade for some parts I didn't need (that wound up being a parts bike) while searching for parts for the first bike, found one for $700 that so far has really just needed carb work and a chain. Yes, both PRE's a '92 and an '89. Thanks for the help and the Wiki, this is my first bike and hasn't been too crazy frustrating now that the carbs r cleaned

Comment

I had a Katana when I was 19. Got it then because I could afford it. Got one now because I loved it.

JD
                              "Never argue with a fanatic about religion....unless you take as much as amusment as I do in the serenity and beauty of watching a sweet and innocent person devolve into a raving lunatic who's foaming at the mouth. Aaah...memories..." *Looking wistfully into the horizon as I pop another host wafer into my mouth from the plastic covered roll in my hand.*

Comment

I picked mine up because I wanted a fighter project, so was looking for a Kat, YZF600, possibly an Sv 650 or 650R ninja, although I am not a real big fan of the small twins, even though with a good exhaust they sound awesome. I like the way the Kat sat better than the YZF600 I looked a, and the price was better.
                                Needs an anger powered jetpack.

Comment

Working...
                                X